Assistant, Marketing - Black Music
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Job Title: Assistant, Marketing - Black Music
A little bit about our team:
The Black Music Marketing department works cross functionally with all departments within the Atlantic ecosystem to successfully product manage artists' singles, albums and special projects from inception to completion. By joining our team, you will be responsible for supporting one of our department's Co-heads/SVPs and their roster, through administrative and creative tasks. In addition to providing support, you will have the opportunity to learn the fundamentals of the music industry and establish industry contacts.
Why this could be your next big break:
This role will support the Co-Head/ Senior Vice President of Black Music Marketing. By joining the Marketing team, you will be exposed to all aspects of the music business. From participating in brainstorms, to working with third party vendors for artists and department specific campaigns, you learn the necessary skills to establish yourself as a music industry professional, who can thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Here you'll get to:
• Answer phones professionally and keep track of calls received.
• Manage the Co-head/SVP's calendar and schedule daily or as needed in addition to coordinating and organizing meetings and patching into scheduled conference calls.
• Manage expense reports and assist in tracking department quarterly spends.
• Process all vendor invoices and facilitate the vendor set up process
• Liaise with all vendors to provide ETAs and updates on payment
• Attend marketing/staff meetings, and take/distribute notes to the larger team
• Coordinate and support artist events curated by the SVP. At times you may have to serve as the main contact/liaison for outside vendors and venues and be involved with the full process from budget building, planning, and the final execution.
• Update artists stat sheets/timelines/marketing calendars, one-sheets and other key Marketing documents on a weekly or bi-weekly basis
• Organize, update and manage the storage of single and project specific assets received from other departments and third parties
• Assist in the conceptualization and execution of marketing ideas and campaigns
• Coordinate with respective product manager for blasting updates to the company on single, album and video launches
• Liaise with Product Manager and outside marketing to generate promotional tool ideas, provide design direction and facilitate the manufacturing of products such as posters, stickers, CDs, merch boxes and more
• You have a background in Music Marketing and/or previous administrative experience (internship, support role, freelance corporate setting, long term temps)
• You have the ability to work well in a fast paced environment and are a highly motivated, proactive, task-oriented self-starter
• You have excellent verbal & written communication skills, are detail oriented and organized
• You have strong computer skills and basic graphic design skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office, Photoshop & Mailchimp (or equivalent program)
• You are good with numbers and have experience analyzing and reading data to glean insights
• You have knowledge of different DSPs and editorial playlisting
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Passion to learn and grow within the music industry
• A network of industry creatives
• Pride in having a professional demeanor at all times
• Knowledge about the current Atlantic roster
• An eye for design
• Knowledge of the current black music landscape and are able to keep up with what's going on in the culture
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Copyright © 2021 Warner Music Inc.