Assistant, Marketing - Black Music
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 1/19/2021 8:30:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Assistant, Marketing - Black Music jobs in New York-NY
Search all Assistant, Marketing - Black Music postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Assistant, Marketing - Black Music? Assistant, Marketing - Black Music
With a legacy extending back over 200 years, Warner Music Group (WMG) today brings together artists, songwriters and entrepreneurs that are moving entertainment culture across the globe. Operating in more than 70 countries through a network of affiliates and licensees, WMG's Recorded Music division includes renowned labels such as Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, Elektra, Erato, First Night, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin', Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Music Nashville. WMG's music publishing arm, Warner Chappell Music, has a catalog of more than 1.4 million musical compositions spanning every musical genre, from the standards of the Great American Songbook to the biggest hits of the 21st century. Warner Music Group is also home to WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic), the pioneering distribution and marketing network, and ADA, the independent artist and label services company, as well as consumer brands such as Songkick the live music app, EMP the merchandise e-tailer, and UPROXX the youth culture destination.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after Black Music Marketing team.
Job Title: Assistant, Marketing - Black Music
A little bit about our team:
The Black Music Marketing Team works cross functionally with all departments in the Atlantic ecosystem in order to successfully product manage artist's singles, albums and special projects from inception to completion. By joining our team, you will be responsible for supporting one of our department's Co-heads/SVPs and their roster, through administrative and creative tasks. In addition to providing support, you will have the opportunity to learn the fundamentals of the music industry and establish industry contacts.
Why this could be your next big break:
By joining the marketing team, you will be exposed to all aspects of the music business. From participating in brainstorms, to working with third party vendors for artists and department specific campaigns, you learn the necessary skills to establish yourself as a music industry professional, who can thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Here you'll get to:
• You will answer phones professionally and keep track of calls received.
• You will be responsible for Co-head/SVP's calendar and schedule daily or as needed; in addition to coordinating and organizing meetings, as well as patching in to scheduled conference calls.
• You will manage expense reports and assist in tracking department quarterly spends.
• You will attend marketing/staff meetings, and take/distribute notes to the larger team
• You will coordinate and support artists events with outside vendors and venues - budget, planning, and execution
• You will update artists stat sheets/timelines/marketing calendars and one-sheets on a weekly basis
• You will manage the storage of single and project specific assets received from other departments and third parties
• You will assist in the conceptualization of marketing ideas and campaigns
• You will coordinate with respective product manager for blasting updates to the company on single, album and video launches
• You will liaise with Product Manager and outside marketing to generate promotional tool ideas, provide design direction and facilitate the manufacturing of products such as posters, stickers, CDs, merch boxes and more
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• You have a background in Music Marketing and previous administrative experience (internship, support role, freelance corporate setting, long term temps)
• You have the ability to work well in a fast paced environment and are a highly motivated, pro-active, task-oriented, self-starter
• You have excellent verbal & written communication skills, are detail oriented and experienced at multi-tasking; in addition to being resourceful
• You have strong computer skills – proficiency in Microsoft Office, Photoshop & Mailchimp (or equivalent program)
• You have basic graphic design skills
• You have experience analyzing and reading data
• You have knowledge of different DSPs, editorial playlisting and are good with numbers
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Passion to learn and grow within the music industry
• A network of industry creatives
• Pride in having a professional demeanor at all times
• Knowledge about the current Atlantic roster
• An eye for design
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to Recruitment@wmg.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Copyright © 2020 Warner Music Inc. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.