Assistant Manager, Accounting
Warner Music GroupNashville, TN
This was removed by the employer on 10/14/2021 2:31:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Search for Assistant Manager, Accounting jobs in Nashville-TN
Search all Assistant Manager, Accounting postings
Full Time Job
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Job Title: Assistant Manager, Accounting
Why this could be your next big break:
The Assistant Manager will be responsible for managing the end to end accounting for a particular process across all labels. They will also perform and manage advanced accounting and reporting activities and review the work of other professional staff.
Here you'll get to:
• Manage an end to end accounting process across all labels e.g. licensing, physical, etc.)
• Review the work of staff members and provide feedback to staff for corrections or improvements required.
• Perform advanced tasks and analyses required for monthly/quarterly financial reporting for US business units
• Perform tasks as part of the monthly close process, including preparing or posting journal entries, monitoring sub-ledger interfaces, and ensuring the timely analysis, preparation, and submission of close-related deliverables
• Perform accounting and financial analyses related to label artist and copyright royalty expense, including ensuring related royalty assets and liabilities are presented in accordance with GAAP
• Perform direct reviews over staff task and journal preparation
• Exercise analytical skills in performing responsibilities and preparing deliverables
• Ensure compliance with SOX requirements
• Assist with preparing internal and external audit documentation
• Maintain strong relationships with finance personnel of domestic and international affiliates/business units as well as other divisions within WMG
• Perform cross-functional or cross-departmental responsibilities based on need
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
• 7-10 years of experience in Corporate or Shared Service Accounting and/or experience with a Big 4 CPA firm
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Knowledge of SAP
• Experience in a Shared Services environment
• Experience working in a SOX controlled environment
• Experience conducting internal & external audits
• Experience with flux analysis and SEC reporting
• Experience performing fixed asset accounting related activities
• Music industry experience a plus
• Strong work-ethic and are a self-starter with effective organizational skills with attention to detail who proactively seeks out new solutions
• Problem solving, decision making, and continuous process improvement skills
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize projects. Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Partnering, influencing, and communication skills to convey key elements in a concise and positive manner
• Ability to work proactively, independently, and as a strategic partner in a team environment
• Demonstrated critical thinking and dedication to deepening understanding of work being done
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Copyright © 2021 Warner Music Inc.