Temp - Assistant, Digital Products
Warner Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Temp - Assistant, Digital Products
We are Warner Music Group, home to a broad roster of new stars and legendary artists through a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, East West, Elektra, Erato, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin', Warner Records, Warner Classics, and Warner Music Nashville, as well as Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the groundbreaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
A little bit about our team:
This position is responsible for supporting the entire team in their day to day responsibilities, from scheduling, to DBOM approval and tracking for, ADA, Rhino and Warner Records labels.
Why this could be your next big break:
In this role you'll have the chance to learn the ins and outs of getting a digital release to market on a major label. You will work closely with the entire US digital production team to make sure that every piece of the puzzle is in place for releases in order to get digital music into the market, ensuring that nothing is missed along the way.
Here you'll get to:
• Assist the digital products team in delivering digital releases on a weekly basis for the WBR, Rhino and ADA Digital Products. This includes, scheduling, confirming pricing, and tracking approvals and deliveries to DSPs.
• Assist with takedowns and price changes requested by the labels.
• Work with the team to request necessary metadata changes with the WMG Product data management team to meet necessary metadata standards.
• Follow up on Apple tickets for each label that are bounced back to our team.
• Working with our timed-release assistant to assist in tracking timed release prep and delivery.
• General assistance within the team.
Rockstar candidates will have:
• Familiarity with digital accounts such as iTunes, Spotify, Amazon, and Google.
• Excellent computer skills, including working knowledge of Microsoft Office (e.g., Outlook and Calendar, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Problem solving ability with a keen eye for detail and deadline awareness.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent time management and organizational skills.
• Team Player
• Technical background a big plus
• Genuine interest in music
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• College Degree preferred
• 1-2 years of digital production experience
• Proficient with PC and Mac computer applications and interfaces.
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to Recruitment@wmg.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Copyright © 2020 Warner Music Inc.