Assistant, Digital Production
Warner Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
A little bit about our team:
This person will responsible for supporting several of our ADA Label partners by delivering and tracking digital releases. Additionally they will be supporting our entire team in their day to day responsibilities, from scheduling, to final DBOM approval for, ADA distributed labels, Warner Records, Warner Music Nashville, and Atlantic Records.
Why this could be your next big break:
In this role you'll have the chance to learn the ins and outs of getting a digital release to market on a major label. You will work closely with the rest of digital production and operations teams to make sure that every piece of the puzzle is in place for releases, ensuring that nothing is missed along the way.
Here you'll get to:
• Be responsible for managing new album and single releases on a weekly basis for the digital products on your assigned ADA labels. This includes verifying that audio, art, metadata, and scheduling, and pricing are in place and compliant with currently industry standards.
• See your projects through by completing digital bill of materials (DBOM) approval for delivery to DSP's.
• Conduct weekly checks to ensure all products have successfully completed delivery to accounts and reconcile the release details back to the release intention.
• Handle takedowns and price changes as requested by the labels.
• Handle team coverage during sick or vacation days.
• Centrally schedule domestic products when the international team is out of office.
• Follow up on any Apple tickets for each label that are bounced back to our team.
• General assistance within the team including taking on more labels as you develop
• Genuine interest in music and ideally music from Indie labels
• Passion to learn and get better
• Results oriented with problem solving ability
• Microscopic attention to detail with awareness of deadlines
• Familiarity with digital music accounts such as iTunes/Apple, Spotify, YouTube and Amazon.
• Excellent computer skills, including working knowledge of Microsoft Office (e.g., Outlook and Calendar, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent time management and organizational skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Team Player
• Technical background a big plus
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• College Degree preferred
• 1-2 years of digital production experience
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels. As well as consumer brands such as Songkick the live music app, EMP the merchandise e-tailer, and UPROXX the youth culture destination.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Copyright © 2021 Warner Music Inc.