Assistant, Creative Sync, Licensing & Soundtracks
Warner Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 10/29/2021 5:31:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Assistant, Creative Sync, Licensing & Soundtracks jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Assistant, Creative Sync, Licensing & Soundtracks postings
Full Time Job
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Job Title: Assistant - Creative Sync, Licensing & Soundtracks
A little bit about our team:
Our Los Angeles-based team is responsible for securing placements for Atlantic Records and Elektra Music Group artists and songs in film, TV, new media, video games, sports programming and soundtracks, in order to bring in master licensing revenue as well as promote frontline artists to benefit the overall company. We are looking for an assistant to support the department.
Why this could be your next big break:
You'll work in an exciting and fast paced environment while learning the ins and outs of sync licensing and pitching, as well as creating and marketing original soundtracks. You will get to see firsthand how a major label operates and work with frontline recording artists from both Atlantic Records Group and Elektra Music Group.
Here you'll get to:
• Create and design digital e-blasts and marketing materials to be distributed to partners weekly
• Compile and maintain department's asset library including various audio files, writer/publisher information and metadata, lyrics, artwork, etc. by coordinating with various departments including Marketing, Business Affairs, A&R and A&R administration
• Update and maintain the department's contact and distribution lists, release schedules, rosters, internal reports, and various documents
• Run and curate sync department's social media accounts, create and coordinate posts
• Track upcoming music releases and coordinate advances for sync team
• Attend marketing meetings and communicate key release/project info with the rest of the team
• Review industry trades daily, track and flag key projects
• Maintain and update database of film and TV production schedules
• Help oversee, hire, and manage our internship program within the department
• You have a high school level education, or its equivalent (required). A Bachelor's degree is strongly preferred.
• You have excellent phone and communication skills.
• You are a self-starter, self-motivated, and take responsibility/ownership of tasks.
• You keep calm under pressure.
• You are a hard worker for whom no task is too small.
• You are highly organized and very detail oriented.
• You will thrive in a busy office environment and can multi-task and prioritize extremely well.
• You will demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to changing situations.
• You will anticipate needs and create efficient and effective processes.
• You will handle and safeguard confidential and proprietary information.
• You are proficient with Google Docs, Microsoft Office Excel and Word
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Previous industry experience in sync licensing, music supervision, or an administrative position in the entertainment Industry
• A thorough understanding of sync licensing and publishing
• A passion for music, film, television, and entertainment
• You enjoy going to concerts, making playlists and sharing music with friends
Atlantic Records celebrated its 70th anniversary in 2018. Founded in New York City, the label literally grew from a one-room operation into one of the world's preeminent music companies. Atlantic has released a string of recordings that have had a profound impact on the course of modern music, its rich history including such musical icons as Ray Charles, Aretha Franklin, John Coltrane, and Led Zeppelin. The Atlantic Records Group roster today includes many of the world's most popular recording artists, among them Kelly Clarkson, Bruno Mars, Ed Sheeran, Cardi B, Roddy Ricch, Sia, Coldplay, Charlie Puth, Janelle Monáe, Wiz Khalifa, Death Cab for Cutie, Matchbox Twenty, Lil Uzi Vert, Kevin Gates, Melanie Martinez, Rob Thomas, Skrillex, Trey Songz, and many more.
Elektra Music Group
Elektra Music Group was launched in 2018 as a stand-alone music company within Warner Music Group. Its roots extend back to 1950, when Jac Holzman launched the iconic Elektra label in his college dorm room. Today, that same entrepreneurial, independent spirit is the driving force behind each of the unique labels that make up the core of the Elektra Music Group: Elektra, Fueled By Ramen, and Roadrunner. The company's adventurous, eclectic roster includes culture-defining artists such as Brandi Carlile, Coheed and Cambria, Fitz and the Tantrums, Gojira, The Highwomen, KALEO, Korn, Panic! At The Disco, Paramore, Slipknot, Tones And I, Twenty One Pilots, and others.
Warner Music Group
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Copyright © 2021 Warner Music Inc.