Assistant, Creative Services
Warner Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Assistant, Creative Services
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after Creative Services team at Warner Chappell Music.
Assistant, Creative Services
A little bit about our team:
Creative Services is a newly developed global department that creates opportunities for our songwriters and tells the incredible stories within the Warner Chappell catalog. Creative Services works not only to market and repurpose current assets, but also create new assets through covers, sampling and IP development.
The WCM Sampling Department is responsible for the negotiation of WCM songs used in new songs. This includes all aspects of the Sample, Interpolation and Adaptation request process.
Why this could be your next big break:
The Creative Services Assistant would get a hands-on look at all areas of publishing. From looking for opportunities for our songwriters to mining the library for ways to re-energize a catalog our assistant will learn about the entire scope of a songwriter's career.
Here you'll get to:
• Assist with Creative Service projects not limited to songwriter development and sampling
• Be responsible for handling both telephone and correspondence from parties requesting sample clearance requests for use of Company products contained in the catalog
• Assist in copyright research as it pertains to Worldwide administration rights and requests from foreign territories
• Manage and obtain approvals, when necessary, and provide quotes to labels or clearance agents for WCM Sample requests
• Coordinate and confer with Company's internal departments as well as outside parties to include, but is not limited to, co-publishers, copyright owners, composers, their managers and/or attorneys, regarding clearance and ownership
• Manage and handle correspondence from parties requesting sample clearance requests for use of Company products contained in catalogue
• Work cross-functionally with internal stakeholders in A&R, Business Administration, Legal, and Synchronization, as well as outside parties like co-publishers, composers, copyright owners, artist managers regarding clearance and ownership
• Liaise with A&R coordinators regarding songwriter sessions, performance calendars, and song submissions
• Aid with the procurement, ingestion, and dissemination of audio upon execution of new catalog deals
• Learn internal music clearance data bases; AS/400, Sharp & Tango
• Create artist assets and distribute curated playlists across the department
• Maintain departmental meeting minutes and documents
• Learn project management skills as the team produces and executes small, mid, and large-scale projects
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• Handle and safeguard confidential and proprietary information
• Effectively communicate internally and/or externally in a manner consistent with the company's code of conduct and core values
• Have a knowledge of general business practices and demonstrate a high level of customer service and phone etiquette
• Read and understand materials, documents, and can recognize and extract critical data and information
• Adhere to deadlines and handle multiple, diverse assignments
• Coordinate meetings, reserve conference rooms, and greet and welcome guests
• Create and process expense reports
• Schedule and coordinate travel
• Screen and direct phone calls
• Bring a strong work ethic, organizational skills, and a high attention to detail to all tasks
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• 1-2 years of Music Publishing Copyright experience
• Understanding of Music Publishing; income types and copyright deal types
• Basic Math skills and understanding of fractions and percentages
• Knowledge of general Music Publishing business practices; demonstrate a high level of customer service
• Strong organization skills and pay high attention to detail
• Ability to produce quality work and be accountable
• Interest and knowledge of contemporary music, media, and trends
• Knowledge and appreciation of hip-hop and rap music
• Strong computer skills including Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their
career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to Recruitment@wmg.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.