Assistant, Artist Development & Touring
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 9/23/2021 10:31:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Assistant, Artist Development & Touring jobs in New York-NY
Search all Assistant, Artist Development & Touring postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Assistant, Artist Development & Touring?
Full Time Job
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Job Title: Assistant, Artist Development & Touring
A little bit about our team:
We represent and implement label interests on all aspects of tour related business, promotional tours, live appearances, artist scheduling, ticket buys, tour marketing, special events/showcases, and those respective budgets. We liaise with managers, agents and promoters to maximize opportunities in the marketplace for full Elektra Music Group roster with an ultimate goal towards artist growth.
Why this could be your next big break:
You will coordinate administrative responsibilities of the department. Top priorities for this role include the tracking of budgets, processing invoices/payments, supporting the domestic ticket buy process, maintaining internal touring + contact databases as well as disseminating all touring-related updates for our artists on a company-wide daily basis. This position requires an extreme attention to detail, organization, effective communication skills with emphasis on multi-tasking.
Here you'll get to:
• Provide full administrative support to the Director of Artist Development & department as a whole – duties include but are not limited to: Opening purchase orders, tracking promotional budgets, processing invoices, maintaining internal contact databases, creating weekly agency reports on priority artists, assisting in scheduling, and processing expense reports.
• Support ticketing and guest list process for Elektra shows + special events through creation of budgets, putting tickets on hold with box offices, building out solicit emails, as well as distributing tickets and appropriate VIP/AAA passes in a timely manner.
• Update the internal tour data system with all domestic tour dates, and distribute appropriate show updates and marketing information to all relevant internal and external teams.
• Facilitate and distribute Elektra artist promo & touring schedules plus artist travel itineraries
• Assist in the production and execution of Elektra artist showcases, listening sessions & Elektra events nationally (Los Angeles & New York)
• Develop and maintain key relationships with others in the industry, including box office personnel, junior staff with agencies and promoters, artist managers, tour managers, and label staff.
• Work with our team to research new lifestyle marketing ideas, showcase/event spaces, travel vendors, etc.
• You are organized.
• You have a strong ability to multitask, work under pressure, and juggle conflicting priorities and deadlines
• Be available to attend local shows, events and concerts when necessary
• A proactive, organized, self-starter who has strong problem solving, social, and interpersonal skills
• Must be able to work independently but be a team player and flexible
• BA or BS degree (or equivalent)
• Proficient in excel, word
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
• An interest in live music and a knowledge of touring
• At least 1 year experience in an internship, touring, or ''college rep'' role in the music industry
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Copyright © 2021 Warner Music Inc.