Warner Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Assistant, A&R (Temp)
Assistant, A&R (Temp)
We are Warner Music Group, home to a broad roster of new stars and legendary artists through a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, East West, Elektra, Erato, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin', Warner Bros., Warner Classics, and Warner Music Nashville, as well as Warner/Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after A&R team.
Title: Assistant, A&R (Temp) at Warner Bros. Records
A little bit about our team:
The A&R department is responsible for finding and developing musical artists to sign to our l as well as producing artists and driving creative content for all forms of media.
Why this could be your next big break:
This role will be exposed to, and supporting, A&R leaders by managing all administrative aspects of work as well as more detailed project management and independent projects on various levels. Requires an intelligent, flexible, proactive, organized and independent person who is willing to engage in typical administrative duties, as well as more complex project work related to all aspects of the record-making process.
Here you'll get to:
• Provide administrative and office support activities for A&R executives
• Answer and screen telephone calls and receive and direct visitors
• Coordinate calendars, scheduling and meeting logistics
• Prepare written correspondence and communicate internally and to third parties (producers, artist managers, lawyers, etc.)
• Coordinate travel for executive and artists
• Process and track T&E expenses
• Process packages and mail
• Book studio time (production, mixing, mastering)
• Log and respond to demo submissions
• Compile, manage and keep track of all music (demos, roughs, mixes, etc.) in Box or other appropriate systems
• Attend A&R meetings as needed
• Assemble all copy and credits for album releases
• Use online tools such as Mediabase, Soundscan, and BDS to research and analyze data on signed and unsigned artists.
• Liaise with A&R administration to coordinate delivery of mixes and masters as well as manage payment of invoices and studio sessions.
• File audio content and artist info (lyrics, credits, tour schedules, etc)
• Oversee general office supplies (office supplies, drinks, cd stock, etc)
• Organize and attend shows and showcases of both signed and unsigned artists
• Coordinate recording sessions, writing sessions and writing camps and related travel
• Other duties as assigned
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• 0 - 2 years of creative experience
• Have college degree
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Previous coordinator / production coordination experience preferred
• Strong understanding of recording, production and creative side of business
• General knowledge of key industry players and familiarity with all music
• Work independently and take initiative
• Excellent verbal and written communication and inter-personal skills
• Ability to work under pressure and deadlines
• Handle confidential matters appropriately and with discretion
• Strong attention to detail
• Multi-task: prioritize with appropriate sense of urgency
• Ability to pinpoint problems and identify solutions
• Professionally interface with all levels of the organization, clients and vendors
• Accurate filing and maintenance of music
• Experience or working knowledge of music industry
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to Recruitment@wmg.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Copyright © 2019 Warner Music Inc.