Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Creative department responsible for both finding and developing musical artists to sign as well as producing artists and driving creative content for all forms of media.
High Level Job Description:
Job responsibilities include (but are not limited to) managing all administrative aspects of work for an SVP of A&R, as well as more detailed project management and independent projects on various levels. Requires an intelligent, flexible, proactive, organized and independent person who is willing to engage in typical administrative/clerical duties as well as more complex project work related to all aspects of the record-making process.
Detailed Job Description/ Responsibilities:
• Provide administrative and office support activities for A&R executive including but not limited to:
• Answer and screen telephone calls and receive and direct visitors
• Coordinate calendars, scheduling and meeting logistics
• Prepare written correspondence and communicate internally and to third parties (producers, artist managers, lawyers, etc)
• Coordinate travel for executive and artists
• Process and track T&E expenses
• Process packages and mail
• Book studio time (production, mixing, mastering)
• Log and respond to demo submissions
• Compile, manage and keep track of all music (demos, roughs, mixes, etc.) in Box or other appropriate systems
• Attend A&R meetings as needed
• Assemble all copy and credits for album releases
• Use online tools such as Mediabase, Soundscan, and BDS to research and analyze data on signed and unsigned artists.
• Liaise with A&R administration to coordinate delivery of mixes and masters as well as manage payment of invoices and studio sessions.
• File audio content and artist info (lyrics, credits, tour schedules, etc)
• Oversee general office supplies (office supplies, drinks, cd stock, etc)
• Organize and attend shows and showcases of both signed and unsigned artists
• Coordinate recording sessions, writing sessions and writing camps and related travel
• Other duties as assigned
• 0 - 2 years of creative experience
• Previous coordinator / production coordination experience preferred
• Strong understanding of recording, production and creative side of business
• General knowledge of key industry players and familiarity with all music
• Work independently and take initiative
• Excellent verbal and written communication and inter-personal skills
• Ability to work under pressure and deadlines
• Handle confidential matters appropriately and with discretion
• Strong attention to detail
• Multi-task: prioritize with appropriate sense of urgency
• Ability to pinpoint problems and identify solutions
• Professionally interface with all levels of the organization, clients and vendors
• Accurate filing and maintenance of music
• Experience or working knowledge of music industry
• Undergraduate degree
Our Company is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national Origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws and the Company complies with all applicable reasonable accommodation requirements which such laws may require. Accordingly, please inform the Company's Human Resources representative if you need an accommodation in order for you to complete any employment application-related forms or otherwise to participate in the application or selection process for the position for which you are applying. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity and will enable applicants to participate in the application and selection process and for employees to perform the essential functions of their jobs without imposing undue hardship on our Company. The Company also will make reasonable accommodations to an applicants or employee's religious beliefs and practices as may be required by law, unless an undue hardship would result.
Copyright © 2011 Warner Music Inc.