Assistant, A&R / Marketing
Warner Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 10/17/2023 3:09:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Assistant, A&R / Marketing jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Assistant, A&R / Marketing postings
Full Time Job
Assistant, A&R / Marketing
A little bit about our team:
The Marketing Department at Elektra Music Group is responsible for developing comprehensive strategies for marketing our artists as well as coordinating all efforts, internally and with outside parties, on all projects. The A&R team is a fast-paced and collaborative team working to identify, sign and develop culture defining artists. This role will support both departments and report to both the Senior Vice President, Head of Marketing and the Executive Vice President, Head of A&R!
You will work on projects across the following areas: A&R, Marketing, Data & Analytics, and Administrative Support.
Here you'll get to:
• Maintain calendars and schedules for the SVP, Head of Marketing and EVP, Head of A&R.
• Organize travel for the SVP, Head of Marketing and EVP, Head of A&R.
• Organize and submit monthly expense reports (T&E) and monitor approval status of the reports to ensure prompt payment.
• Research and study new consumer trends to stay up to date on discovery platforms (i.e., Tik Tok)
• Maintain a knowledge of the general music landscape, specifically within the Pop/Rock genres.
• Assist in updating various marketing materials (one sheets, timelines, decks) for specific projects alongside the Head of Marketing.
• Assist in organizing songwriting and production sessions for artists on the 300 Elektra roster.
• Liaise with studio managers, mixers, and mastering engineers for records in the making at 300 Elektra.
• Write and distribute marketing highlights for internal and external partners.
• Attend daily / weekly A&R meetings as well as weekly company meetings hosted by various departments. Organize, takes notes and manage our weekly 300 Elektra A&R Meeting and Marketing Meeting.
• Attend events and shows to form relationships with contacts at other record labels, agencies, management firms, producers, writers, artists, and other entertainment companies.
• Participate in prospective artist meetings.
• Run Luminate, Spotify For Artists, Mediabase, and other essential reports for internal and external distribution for the Marketing, A&R and Analytics Teams. Recipients may include respective managers, agents, and outside partners for each project.
• Maintain relationships with outside vendors including managing prompt invoicing and payments.
• Order, manage, and maintain quantities of artist promotional vinyl / CDs as well as office supply inventories.
• Contribute ideas for songwriter and production sessions for artists on the Elektra Music Group roster.
• Bring potential artists signings to the A&R team.
• Contribute and collaborate on ideas company-wide.
• You are passionate about the music industry, the internet, and music culture.
• You are eager to learn about a major record label (marketing and A&R specifically).
• You are highly organized and detail oriented and can excel in a fast-paced environment.
• You have strong time management, communication and compartmentalization skills.
• You enjoy working with others and are self-motivated.
• You are creative and curious.
• You enjoy research.
We'd love it if you also had:
• 0-1 year experience in the music industry.
• Experience utilizing Adobe Creative applications (Photoshop, Acrobat, Premiere Pro, Illustrator)
• Experience with compiling data and discerning most relevant or important data.
• Ability to speak multiple languages.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
$19.23 to $20.51 Hourly
Salary ranges are included for job postings where required by law. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as work experience and business needs. The pay range is subject to change at any time dependent on a variety of internal and external factors.
Copyright © 2023 Warner Music Inc.