Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Job Title: Art Director
A little bit about our team:
The Creative Services Department at Atlantic Records is a full-service, agency-like creative team, dedicated to building artist careers through the intersection of branding, music and technology, unlike any other at a record label. We are responsible for all visual elements that are used to brand, identify and market the artists under Atlantic Records and Elektra Music Group. The full department works hand in hand for all artists on the roster, acting as artist partners across branding, music, touring, merch, and all other aspects of the artist career.
The Art Directors areas of specialization include art direction, graphic design, singles, physical album packaging, branding for their roster, illustration, typography and content production for the music industry, and producing artwork for major international recording artist as well as branding identities for Atlantic Records and all its sub labels.
The team includes Web designers who focus on digital strategy, CRM strategy, online and mobile experiences for websites and webstores, social content and email acquisition. Motion graphics team handles short-form video content for all social platforms, partners, websites, webstores, emails, augmented reality snap lenses, digital advertising, Spotify canvas visualizers, promotional and teaser assets.
The team also includes an E-commerce digital marketing team who focuses on bringing the artist brand, vision, merch, vinyl and packages to life and market. Utilizing the creative team and e-commerce strategies to help grow the artist fan base and brand with campaigns, experiences, and partnerships.
The Creative Services department is led by SVP's–Catherine Ciapas and Rob Gold, who partner with the Atlantic Records SVP/Creative Director, Greg Burke to collaborate and grow the vision of the label, artists branding and digital content.
Why this could be your next big break:
Conceptualize, produce and manage imaging for album packaging, single artwork, web assets, marketing, merchandising and publicity materials. The position requires the Art Director to always be current on all visual trends and to be one step ahead of competitive labels. The Art Director must direct and manage creative talent (photographers, illustrators, stylists, designers and recording artist) to complete projects.
Here you'll get to:
• Create and develop unique visual ''image'' and ''brand'' for each Artist / Project
• Work with Product Managers to develop Imaging, Branding, and Merchandizing strategies for each artist
• Discover, Develop and maintain relationships with current and emerging creative talent: photographers, stylists, illustrators, designers, etc.
• Conceive, direct and produce photo shoots for album packaging and related marketing and publicity campaigns
• Direct / Design logo and identity development for Artists, as well as company marketing and initiatives.
• Collaborate with the recording artists, management, internal marketing, publicity, new media and product management
• Communicate / Direct imaging and branding specifics for each artist / project to key business departments: Marketing, Publicity, New Media, and Sales
• Commission and direct photographers, illustrators and stylists / glam squad
• Edit photo shoots and direct the retouching of images
• Negotiate fees for photo shoots including photographers, stylists, make-up artist, prop stylists, and hair stylists
• Communicate directly with production on all assigned artist projects
• Team player
• Strong typographic skills
• 3 to 5 years' experience
• Graphic Design and Art Direction experience
• Strong communication skills
• People management ability
• Organizational skills
• Creative Thinker
• Goal Oriented
• Time / Deadline Management Skills
• Relationship Builder and Maintainer
• Trend Setter / Forecaster
• Macintosh computer skills
• Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
• Microsoft Office Suite: Entourage, Word, and Excel
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Illustration skills
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Copyright © 2021 Warner Music Inc.