Warner Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 9/29/2022 11:30:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Music Category
Browse the Post Production Category
Search for Archive Librarian jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Archive Librarian postings
Full Time Job
Archive Librarian - Temp
At Warner Music Group, we're a global collective of music makers and music lovers, tech innovators and inspired entrepreneurs, game-changing creatives and passionate team members. Here, we know that each talent makes our collective bolder and brighter. We are guided by four core principles that underpin everything we do across all our diverse businesses:
• Music is Everything: Music is our passion, and we can never get enough. Tastes, trends, and tech will change, but great artists and songwriters will always be our driving force.
• Global Growth, Local Expertise: Music is a global language. Through communication and collaboration, our success can come from anywhere and translate everywhere.
• Innovation and Insight: Pushing the boundaries requires the best information and the boldest imagination. We use both to create the future.
• Empowered by People: Like the artists we serve and the music they make, our differences make us stronger. This is a place where every talent can belong and build a career.
Archive Librarian - TEMP
A little bit about our team:
Global Asset Management is responsible for the management of master assets across all of WMG. This includes audio, video, photographic, and art assets used in the production of WMG products. Global Asset Management is also responsible for the quality control, and distribution of assets that globally feed the physical and electronic supply chain. This includes current releases as well as legacy content. This department has the additional responsibility of maintaining the high quality of digitization standards across all media types as well as a high quality of data integrity that allows for the swift location and deployment of assets on the behalf of WMG.
As part of the Library Services division of the Global Asset Management team you will have the opportunity to assist with asset management operations for artists signed to WMG Labels. This includes audio and video content created between the year 1948 and today, spanning genres such as Pop, Rock, Hip Hop, Electronic, Country, Classical and others. In this role you will have the opportunity to organize and catalog physical and digital assets, ensuring content is preserved for the future and can be located quickly and efficiently. Additionally, you will help support Library operations with retrieval, check out, re-shelving, and digital content delivery.
Here you'll get to:
• Catalog audio and video content stored on hard drives
• Catalog audio and video tapes, film reels and legacy formats
• Perform metadata entry for finished products, packaging samples and test pressings
• Organize and house assets for long term archival storage
• Retrieve, check out and re-file physical items
• Deliver digital files for requested content
• Perform metadata entry accurately reflecting asset information
• Identify different legacy audio and video formats
• Utilize proper hard drive usage and safe handling
• Safely handle delicate media formats such as film and tape
• Lift boxes weighing up to 40 lbs. utilizing ladders for retrieval and re-file
• Demonstrate intermediate Excel proficiency
• Be proficient with Mac and PC platforms
• Have strong attention to detail
• Have outstanding organizational skills
• Have great time management skills
• Be flexible and willing to work on a variety of different projects
• Work both independently and in a team setting
We'd love it if you also had:
• A college degree in audio or video production
• 1-2 years' experience in audio or video production
• Experience working in an archive or library
• Research and database experience including metadata entry
• Knowledge of Digital Asset Management systems
As the home to 300 Elektra, Asylum, Atlantic, East West, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics, and several other of the world's premier recording labels, Warner Music Group champions emerging artists and global superstars alike. And our renowned publishing company, Warner Chappell Music, represents genre-spanning songwriters and producers through a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide. Redefining what it means to be a music company in the 21st century, our consumer brands include trend-setters like UPROXX, Songkick, HipHopDX, and EMP. We're the home to WMX – the next generation services division that connects artists with fans and amplifies brands in creative, immersive, and engaging ways – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
Copyright © 2022 Warner Music Inc.