Warner Music GroupNashville, TN
This was removed by the employer on 10/2/2021 5:30:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Analyst, Royalties jobs in Nashville-TN
Search all Analyst, Royalties postings
Full Time Job
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Job Title: Analyst, Royalties
A little bit about our team:
The U.S. Shared Services organization is based in WMG's Center of Excellence for Shared Services in Nashville, Tennessee (the ''Center''). The Center consists of five departments: Analysis, Finance, Legal, Licensing, and Reporting. Employees of the Center provide services to all of WMG's U.S. record labels, Warner Chappell Music Publishing, WEA Corp. and Alternative Distribution Alliance (WMG's distribution companies), and WMG's other U.S. business units. This position is in the Artist Frontline Royalties department within the Reporting group.
Why this could be your next big break:
The candidate hired to fill this position will be responsible for entering and maintaining record royalty rates for the applicable royalty recipient and rendering record royalty statements for the Group's record label clients. The candidate will analyze output from the various royalty and financial systems to respond to questions and communicate results to internal and external departments and clients. In this fast paced environment, you will get to work with artist management, Label attorneys, internal finance/accounting personnel, auditors, and others.
Here you'll get to:
• Review and analyze recording agreements, producer agreements and other similar agreements (and any corresponding deal summaries or deal memos) for the purpose of identifying and summarizing the applicable royalty rates, related terms and payee information for a given record or recording and then enter those terms into WMG's artist royalty system;
• Analyze output from the various royalty systems to respond to questions and communicate results to WMG Labels Business Affairs Departments;
• Perform Fund Calculations for Business Affairs based on Artist contractual language.
• Perform Recoupment analyses for 3rd party recipients;
• Assist with WMG's monthly, quarterly and annual financial close processes as needed by responding to information requests from WMG's Corporate and Royalty Finance Departments and the Finance Departments of WMG's U.S. Record Labels;
• Create and maintain royalty accounts information for royalty recipients in WMG's artist royalty system, including by updating the recipient's contact information and tax identification numbers as needed;
• Link individual record products to the applicable contractual terms as they have been set-up in WMG's artist royalty system in a timely manner;
• Perform and review adjustments to existing royalty rate set-ups in WMG's artist royalty system, as needed;
• Process and review semi annual, quarterly and monthly artist royalty statements to ensure the accuracy of both the royalty rates applied and the underlying earnings on which royalties are being paid;
• Ensure that artist royalty statements are issued in a timely manner;
• Provide the Income Tracking Team in the Revenue Assurance Group with direction regarding the contractual terms to be applied to third party licensing income, to ensure that royalty recipients are paid properly with respect to third party licenses.
• Perform any other duties and tasks related to the Department's role and responsibilities that might be assigned by the Team's senior management from time to time.
• Be passionate about music and the music industry;
• Must be able to work well independently and as part of a team;
• Have strong computer skills, including strong data entry and data analysis skills (with an emphasis on accuracy and problem-solving) and strong proficiency using Microsoft Office's Excel, including pivot tables and vlookups, Word and PowerPoint applications; familiarity with Microsoft Office's Access application is strongly preferred, but not required;.
• Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Possess excellent analytical, mathematical and organizational skills;
• Meet deadlines consistently and effectively while working under pressure; and
• Must be able to manage multiple assignments at any given time and prioritize them effectively and appropriately.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Bachelor's degree required.
• Candidate should possess 0 to 2 years' experience working in a position or positions involving the administration and analysis of artist royalties.
• Candidate should be prepared to work overtime toward the end of each quarterly or semi annual royalty statement cycle; candidate should be prepared to schedule vacation days at times that will not conflict with these deadlines, so that their absences do not interfere with their ability to meet royalty statement deadlines.
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Copyright © 2021 Warner Music Inc.