Analyst, Revenue Assurance
Warner Music GroupNashville, TN
Full Time Job
Analyst, Revenue Assurance
The U.S. Shared Services organization is based in WMG's Center of Excellence for Shared Services in Nashville, Tennessee (the ''Center''). The Center consists of five departments: Analysis, Finance, Legal, Licensing, and Reporting. Employees of the Center provide services to all of WMG's U.S. record labels, Warner-Chappell Music Publishing, WEA Corp. and Alternative Distribution Alliance (WMG's distribution companies), and WMG's other U.S. business units.
• The U.S. Shared Services Reporting Department is responsible for managing all of the reporting obligations of WMG's U.S. record labels (including those operated by the Atlantic Records, Rhino Entertainment, Warner Bros. Records, and Warner Music Nashville) to recording artists, producers, writers and publishers, labor unions, and other external payees. The Department's services include the following:
• Calculating and paying royalties to recording artists, producers, and other third parties;
• Calculating the net profits earned by joint ventures between WMG's record labels and external parties and then paying those external parties their contractual shares of such profits;
• Calculating and paying mechanical royalties to songwriters and/or their publishers and administrators; and
• Calculating and paying monies due to labor unions pursuant to the terms of the collective bargaining agreements between such unions and the applicable WMG record labels that are signatories to those agreements.
• Members of the Department work closely with employees in the Business Affairs, Finance, Production, Operations, New Media, and Marketing departments of each label client to fulfill the above-referenced responsibilities for the recordings and record those labels release.
• The Revenue Assurance Group is responsible for processing all incoming payments received pursuant to the synch and master use licensing agreements covering WMG's recorded music repertoire, tracking and collecting outstanding payments, and administering WMG's artist royalty obligations with respect to such incoming payments.
• Members of the Group work closely with our colleagues in the Visual Media Licensing team, the Master Use Licensing teams, Accounting Operations, Label Business Affairs, Label Finance, Accounts Receivable, and Marketing departments of each label client to fulfill the above-referenced responsibilities related to third-party licensing.
High Level Job Description:
The responsibilities of the candidate hired to fill this position will include collecting, logging and associating incoming cash receipts with the corresponding synchronization licenses, including internal deal number, artist, track and production/project, preparing weekly accounting entries to record revenue, tracking and collecting inbound license fees.
Detailed Job Description/ Responsibilities:
• Work with WMG Visual Media Licensing team and internal label clients to allocate incoming payments to corresponding synchronization licenses
• Associate all incoming synchronization licensing payments with the corresponding deal and deal terms in our Licensing Sub System to ensure accurate and timely allocation and recording of cash payments
• Prepare weekly licensing entries to account for all incoming synchronization revenue by reconciling cash activity to deal/invoice terms
• Coordinate with accounting operations to ensure accurate and timely recordation of revenue and corresponding artist royalty obligations
• Provide ad hoc synch licensing reporting to various internal clients as requested
• Perform various research projects related to third party licenses and payments for various internal clients as needed
• Research unidentified accountings using internal resources and by contacting various third-party licensees and/or other vendors
• Perform any other duties and tasks related to the Department's role and responsibilities that might be assigned by the Team's senior management from time to time
• Candidates for this position must be able to work well independently and as part of a team;
• Candidate must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Candidate must possess excellent analytical, mathematical and organizational skills;
• Candidates must have strong computer skills, including strong data entry and data analysis skills (with an emphasis on accuracy and problem-solving) and strong proficiency using Microsoft Office's Excel, including pivot tables and vlookups, Word and PowerPoint applications; familiarity with Microsoft Office's Access application is strongly preferred, but not required.
• Candidate must be able to meet deadlines consistently and effectively while working under pressure and time constraints;
• Candidate must possess keen attention to detail
• Candidate must be able to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and projects at any given time;
• Familiarity and experience with SAP financial applications (preferred but not required)
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required; major in accounting, finance or business is preferred.
• Candidate should possess a minimum of 1 to 3 years' experience working in a position or positions involving the tracking and collection of revenue and/or 1 to 3 years' experience within the music industry in a business/finance capacity.
• Background and/or interest in process automation/process improvement
Our Company is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national Origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws and the Company complies with all applicable reasonable accommodation requirements which such laws may require. Accordingly, please inform the Company's Human Resources representative if you need an accommodation in order for you to complete any employment application-related forms or otherwise to participate in the application or selection process for the position for which you are applying. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity and will enable applicants to participate in the application and selection process and for employees to perform the essential functions of their jobs without imposing undue hardship on our Company. The Company also will make reasonable accommodations to an applicants or employee's religious beliefs and practices as may be required by law, unless an undue hardship would result.
Copyright © 2020 Warner Music Inc.