Analyst, Revenue Assurance
Warner Music GroupNashville, TN
This was removed by the employer on 7/26/2019 1:14:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Analyst, Revenue Assurance jobs in Nashville-TN
Search all Analyst, Revenue Assurance postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Analyst, Revenue Assurance? Analyst, Revenue Assurance
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after Revenue Assurance team at WMG's Center of Excellence for Shared Services.
A little bit about our team:
The U.S. Shared Services organization is based in WMG's Center of Excellence for Shared Services in Nashville, Tennessee (the ''Center''). The Center consists of five departments: Analysis, Finance, Legal, Licensing, and Reporting. Employees of the Center provide services to all of WMG's U.S. record labels, Warner Chappell Music Publishing, WEA Corp. and Alternative Distribution Alliance (WMG's distribution companies), and WMG's other U.S. business units.
Why this could be your next big break:
The candidate hired to fill this position will be responsible for collecting, logging and associating incoming cash receipts with the relevant license terms, including internal deal number, artist, track and project. They will also be responsible for preparing weekly accounting entries to record revenue.
Here you'll get to:
• Work with Synch Licensing Department to ensure relevant deal terms for all third party synch licenses are collected accurately in WMG's database (LSS);
• Manage import of data from Synch Licensing database to LSS, running lookups, normalizing data and reviewing data for accuracy and completeness;
• Associate all incoming synch licensing payments with the corresponding deal terms in LSS so that deals can be processed accurately and timely;
• Prepare monthly licensing summaries of all incoming synch licensing revenue by reconciling activity posted to the licensing clearing account and revenues processed in LSS. Applying the appropriate coding based on income type;
• Research missing financial coding and work with the appropriate financial department to determine needed information;
• Coordinate with Synch Licensing group to classify unidentified inbound payments;
• Provide synch licensing reporting to various internal clients as requested;
• Perform various research projects related to third party licenses and payments for various internal clients as needed; and
• Perform any other duties and tasks related to the Department's role and responsibilities that might be assigned by the Team's senior management from time to time.
Rockstar candidates will have the following:
• Must be able to work well independently and as part of a team;
• Have strong computer skills, including strong data entry and data analysis skills (with an emphasis on accuracy and problem-solving) and strong proficiency using Microsoft Office's Excel, including pivot tables and vlookups, Word and PowerPoint applications; familiarity with Microsoft Office's Access application is strongly preferred, but not required;.
• Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Possess excellent analytical, mathematical and organizational skills;
• Meet deadlines consistently and effectively while working under pressure; and
• Must be able to manage multiple assignments at any given time and prioritize them effectively and appropriately.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Bachelor's degree required.
• Candidate should possess 0 to 2 years' experience working in a position or positions involving the tracking and collection of revenue.
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Copyright © 2019 Warner Music Inc. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.