Warner Music GroupNashville, TN
Full Time Job
We are Warner Music Group, home to a broad roster of new stars and legendary artists through a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, East West, Elektra, Erato, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin', Warner Records, Warner Classics, and Warner Music Nashville, as well as Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide. We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after Participations team at WMG's Center of Excellence for Shared Services.
A little bit about our team:
The U.S. Shared Services organization is based in WMG's Center of Excellence for Shared Services in Nashville, Tennessee (the ''Center''). The Center consists of both Finance and Legal Shared Services divisions that contain Analysis, Finance, Legal, Licensing, and Reporting departments. Employees of the Center provide services to all of WMG's U.S. record labels, Warner Chappell Music Publishing, WEA Corp. and Alternative Distribution Alliance (WMG's distribution companies), and WMG's other U.S. business units.
Why this could be your next big break:
The U.S. Shared Services Reporting Department is responsible for managing all of the reporting obligations of WMG's U.S. record labels (including those operated by the Alternative Distribution Alliance, Atlantic Records, Rhino Entertainment, Warner Records, and Warner Music Nashville) to recording artists, producers, writers and publishers, labor unions, and other external payees. The Department's services include the following:
• Calculating and paying royalties to recording artists, producers, and other third parties;
• Calculating the net profits earned by joint ventures between WMG's record labels and external parties and then paying those external parties their contractual shares of such
• Calculating and paying monies due to labor unions pursuant to the terms of the collective bargaining agreements between such unions and the applicable WMG record labels that are signatories to those agreements.
• Members of the Department work closely with employees in the Business Affairs, Finance, Production, Operations, New Media, and Marketing departments of each label client to fulfill the above-referenced responsibilities for the recordings and records those labels release.
High-Level Job Description:
Prepare and distribute participation profit share, distribution (P&D), and merchandise statements on behalf of WMG's recorded music labels and subsidiaries according to contractual agreements.
Here you'll get to:
• Prepare and distribute participation profit share, distribution (P&D), merchandise statements
• Compile transactional data for statement preparation, analyze, review and provide supporting statement data
• Read, comprehend and summarize artist and label contracts, create corresponding statements and schedules
• Perform statement and account reconciliations
• Assist with tasks as part of the overall close process, that involves reconciliations, transfers, participation, P&D and merch liabilities, journal entries, accruals and true-up schedules
• Maintain vendor master data, update cash flow reports and co-ordinate payments
• Communicate with third parties, internal departments, and conduct research as required
• Maintain process documentation and ensure department controls are adhered to
• Manage individual workflow to ensure compliance with contractual deadlines
• Collaborate with other team members to improve the efficiency of the reporting process, and ensure department priorities and deadlines are met
• Learn operational & accounting systems and the related flow of data through the systems
Rockstar candidates will have the following:
• Advanced proficiency with MS Excel
• Possess strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Detailed -oriented and able to work under pressure
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills needed to interact with internal & external stakeholders
• A continuous improvement mindset
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• BA/BS degree required, preferably in accounting or finance related fields
• 0-2 years of experience working in related capacity
• Experience handling large datasets, ability to perform complex calculations
• SAP experience
• Entertainment/Music Industry experience working in Participations/Royalties or similar role
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA. Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter. Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to Recruitment@wmg.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Copyright © 2019 Warner Music Inc.