Warner Music GroupNashville, TN
Full Time Job
We are Warner Music Group, home to a broad roster of new stars and legendary artists through a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, East West, Elektra, Erato, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin', Warner Records, Warner Classics, and Warner Music Nashville, as well as Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after Participations team at WMG's Center of Excellence for Shared Services.
A little bit about our team:
The U.S. Shared Services organization is based in WMG's Center of Excellence for Shared Services in Nashville, Tennessee (the ''Center''). The Center consists of both Finance and Legal Shared Services divisions that contain Analysis, Finance, Legal, Licensing, and Reporting departments. Employees of the Center provide services to all of WMG's U.S. record labels, Warner Chappell Music Publishing, WEA Corp. and Alternative Distribution Alliance (WMG's distribution companies), and WMG's other U.S. business units.
Why this could be your next big break:
The U.S. Shared Services Reporting Department is responsible for managing all of the reporting obligations of WMG's U.S. record labels (including those operated by the Alternative Distribution Alliance, Atlantic Records, Rhino Entertainment, Warner Records, and Warner Music Nashville) to recording artists, producers, writers and publishers, labor unions, and other external payees.
The Department's services include the following:
• Calculating and paying royalties to recording artists, producers, and other third parties;
• Calculating the net profits earned by joint ventures between WMG's record labels and external parties and then paying those external parties their contractual shares of such profits;
• Calculating and paying monies due to labor unions pursuant to the terms of the collective bargaining agreements between such unions and the applicable WMG record labels that are signatories to those agreements.
Members of the Department work closely with employees in the Business Affairs, Finance, Production, Operations, New Media, and Marketing departments of each label client to fulfill the above-referenced responsibilities for the recordings and record those labels release.
Here you'll get to:
Provide outstanding customer service support on behalf of WMG's recorded music labels and subsidiaries to their artists and third party label partners receiving participation profit share, distribution (P&D), and merchandise statements via WMG's Participations Revenue Portal.
• Administer the setup and ongoing maintenance of Participations entities for online statement distribution and revenue backup services via the Revenue Portal
• Evaluate Participations key contractual deal terms and structures of Participations entities for online revenue backup services via the Revenue Portal
• Validate requests by third parties for Revenue Portal access, verify potential users and complete the registration and onboarding process, ensuring all relevant approvals and process controls are met
• Support and communicate with third parties by providing basic technical guidance and troubleshoot issues that may arise when onboarding to the Revenue Portal, escalate unresolved issues to internal WMG IT teams and follow through to resolution
• Manage all third party inquiries received by the Participations team, through the Revenue Portal phone hotline and email inbox
• Research and respond to inquiries related to the Revenue Portal and general statement inquiries, identify requests that require handling by Participations owners and/or internal WMG finance, legal or IT departments and route as appropriate
• Perform reconciliations of financial revenue data to Revenue Portal outputs as required
• Prepare onboarding user metrics and log, track and follow up on all inquiries to resolution, report on all communications for KPI and metrics reporting
• Update Participations department dashboards and KPI reporting for management
• Support core department responsibilities, workflow and priority projects as directed - this may include but is not limited to: contract analysis and interpretation, preparation and distribution of participation statements, compilation of transactional data, maintenance of vendor master data and payment requests
• Manage and prioritize individual workflow to meet or exceed department deadlines, productivity and quality expectations and to ensure all inquiries receive responses within established timeframes
• Collaborate with other team members to improve customer service efficiencies and continuous improvement of the Revenue Portal experience for third parties
• Learn Participations department procedures, operations and systems, and the related flow of data through the systems
Rockstar candidates will have the following:
• Advanced proficiency with MS Excel
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills needed to interact with internal & external stakeholders
• Possess strong independent problem solving and analytical skills
• Detail-oriented and able to work under pressure
• A continuous improvement mindset
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• BA/BS degree required, preferably in business analytics, finance or accounting related areas
• 0-2 years of experience working in a related capacity, with a customer service focus
• Experience creating dashboards, and managing large data sets for reporting and analysis
• Entertainment/Music Industry experience working in Participations/Royalties or similar role
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to Recruitment@wmg.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Copyright © 2019 Warner Music Inc.