Warner Music GroupNashville, TN
Full Time Job
We are Warner Music Group, home to a broad roster of new stars and legendary artists through a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, East West, Elektra, Erato, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin', Warner Bros., Warner Classics, and Warner Music Nashville, as well as Warner/Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
A little bit about our team:
The U.S. Shared Services organization is based in WMG's Center of Excellence for Shared Services in Nashville, Tennessee (the ''Center''). The Center consists of five departments: Analysis, Finance, Legal, Licensing, and Reporting. Employees of the Center provide services to all of WMG's U.S. record labels, Warner-Chappell Music Publishing, WEA Corp. and Alternative Distribution Alliance (WMG's distribution companies), and WMG's other U.S. business units.
Why this could be your next big break:
The U.S. Shared Services Reporting Department is responsible for managing all of the reporting obligations of WMG's U.S. record labels (including those operated by the Atlantic Records, Rhino Entertainment, Warner Bros. Records, and Warner Music Nashville) to recording artists, producers, writers and publishers, labor unions, and other external payees. The Department's services include the following:
• Calculating and paying royalties to recording artists, producers, and other third parties;
• Calculating the net profits earned by joint ventures between WMG's record labels and external parties and then paying those external parties their contractual shares of such profits;
• Calculating and paying mechanical royalties to songwriters and/or their publishers and administrators; and
• Calculating and paying monies due to labor unions pursuant to the terms of the collective bargaining agreements between such unions and the applicable WMG record labels that are signatories to those agreements.
Members of the Department work closely with employees in the Business Affairs, Finance, Production, Operations, New Media, and Marketing departments of each label client to fulfill the above-referenced responsibilities for the recordings and record those labels release.
Here you'll get to:
• Prepare participation, Pressing & Distribution (P&D), merchandise, and tour statements in accordance with financial terms detailed in the contract
• Read contract briefs and understand key contract terms to facilitate accurate reporting
• Prepare, analyze, and review supporting data
• Communicate with various label departments to research matters as required
• Assist with monthly and quarterly accounting close process as it relates to participation reporting, including, but not limited to, updating schedules, preparing balance sheet reconciliations, preparing journal entries, and maintaining documentation
• Prepare cash flow reports
• Document procedures performed
• Maintain real time schedules of statement status
• Learn operational and accounting systems and the related flow of data through the systems
• General and ad hoc tasks relating to participations
Rockstar candidates will have:
• BA/BS degree required, preferably in accounting or finance related fields
• 0 to 2 years' experience working in related capacity
• SAP experience is a plus
• Entertainment/Music Industry experience a plus
• Participations and/or Royalties experience a plus
• Advanced proficiency with MS Excel
• Strong attention to detail
• Excellent written and verbal skills needed in communicating with various departments
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to Recruitment@wmg.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Copyright © 2019 Warner Music Inc.