Warner Music GroupNashville, TN
Full Time Job
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after Reporting team at Warner Music Group.
A little bit about our team:
The U.S. Shared Services Reporting Department is responsible for managing all of the reporting obligations of WMG's U.S. record labels (including those operated by the Atlantic Records, Rhino Entertainment, Warner Bros. Records, and Warner Music Nashville) to recording artists, producers, writers and publishers, labor unions, and other external payees. The Department's services include the following:
• Calculating and paying royalties to recording artists, producers, and other third parties;
• Calculating the net profits earned by joint ventures between WMG's record labels and external parties and then paying those external parties their contractual shares of such profits;
• Calculating and paying mechanical royalties to songwriters and/or their publishers and administrators; and
• Calculating and paying monies due to labor unions pursuant to the terms of the collective bargaining agreements between such unions and the applicable WMG record labels that are signatories to those agreements.
Members of the Department work closely with employees in the Business Affairs, Finance, Production, Operations, New Media, and Marketing departments of each label client to fulfill the above-referenced responsibilities for the recordings and record those labels release.
Why this could be your next big break:
The candidate hired to fill this role will be responsible for preparing participation, Pressing & Distribution (P&D), merchandise and tour statements on behalf of WMG's recorded music labels and subsidiaries.
Here you'll get to:
• Prepare participation, Pressing & Distribution (P&D), merchandise, and tour statements in accordance with financial terms detailed in the contract
• Read contract briefs and understand key contract terms to facilitate accurate reporting
• Prepare, analyze, and review supporting data
• Communicate with various label departments to research matters as required
• Assist with monthly and quarterly accounting close process as it relates to participation reporting, including, but not limited to, updating schedules, preparing balance sheet reconciliations, preparing journal entries, and maintaining documentation
• Prepare cash flow reports
• Document procedures performed
• Maintain real time schedules of statement status
• Learn operational and accounting systems and the related flow of data through the systems
• General and ad hoc tasks relating to participations
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• Advanced proficiency with MS Excel
• Strong attention to detail
• Excellent written and verbal skills needed in communicating with various departments
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• BA/BS degree required, preferably in accounting or finance related fields
• 0 to 2 years' experience working in related capacity
• SAP experience is a plus
• Entertainment/Music Industry experience a plus
• Participations and/or Royalties experience a plus
Copyright © 2019 Warner Music Inc.