Analyst, Order To Cash
Warner Music GroupNashville, TN
Full Time Job
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Analyst, Order To Cash
A little bit about our team:
The Order to Cash team performs a wide variety of tasks including issuing invoices, collection of monies owed, cash application/payment coding, tracking data files, liaising with stakeholders throughout the company, account management, tracking of data, project management, etc.
This role will support the entire team to perform tasks in the Digital, Physical, Merch/Touring and Sales Support/Customer Service verticals. The individual in this role will have a considerable impact on the team and will be trained in the four different portfolios.
Why this could be your next big break:
You will be able to leverage your technical skills and work in an industry you love. By working with Digital Service Providers, controlling the billing and credit of physical retailers and helping the Artist Services team make sure money comes in from tours, the Order to Cash team ensures money comes in the door.
Here you'll get to:
• Manage multiple priorities, and multi-task while preparing reconciliation schedules, which categorize all handled claims for unpaid invoices, shortages, pricing disputes, returns discrepancies, discount violations, and advertising issues.
• Make decisions with regard to validity of claims, collectability of claims, and writing off claims balances. Will negotiate with customers, and settle their own accounts in accordance with upper management-mandated guidelines.
• Interface with Cash Specialists as necessary to insure proper application of remittances.
• Review and update deduction status codes, reconciliation status codes, reconciliation comments, and collection notes.
• Work with both Onshore and Offshore teams to manage the recording, coding, depositing, researching and application of checks, transactions, credit cards, etc. for Merch, Label AR, Synch and Corporate divisions across the Receivables system.
• Monitor the creation of invoices, credit memos, collections, research queries, analytics and journal entries.
• Facilitate monthly A/R close process, including preparation of general ledger adjustments, journal entries, and reconciliation of specific gl accounts.
• Conduct A/R search queries, liaise with business partners including label groups, corporate divisions (tax, legal, etc) on various projects.
• Perform Credit Checks and analysis for Digital Accounts as needed.
• Prepare agendas and Facilitate Digital Credit Calls to ensure all parties are notified of issues.
• Review, translate, and implement contractual language for digital customers in order to properly calculate, establish, update and audit pricing structures/setups, and communicate Preparation/Formatting fees, Advance/Guarantees, and all billing revenue to be collected on a timely basis.
• Accurately record and report all digital revenues by media type and insure that all digital revenue is matched, posted, and applied properly.
• Prepare Un-recouped Advance schedule
• Prepare Cash Forecasts for Digital Accounts, timely and ensure it is reconciled with WEA Finance. Track Digital Income for cash projection and application references.
• Maintain daily cash reporting, and other follow-up processes as needed.
• Other projects as assigned.
Rockstar candidates look like this:
• Minimum of 1 year experience
• Strong desire to learn
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Business/Music Business/Finance strongly preferred
• Financial/Accounting acumen, with an ability to pick up on concepts quickly
• Proficient in Microsoft Office programs
• Must be an autonomous self-starter, motivated, and be able to resolve problems and work independently within management guidelines.
• Must be able to negotiate successfully with customers, establishing a positive rapport, with a relationship that facilitates the collection process.
• Ability to work in fast-paced environment.
• Must be able to meet deadlines with an attention to detail
• Must possess good inter-personal and communication skills (verbal and written).
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• SAP experience
• Credit/Accounts Receivable/Collections experience
• Ability to speak and write in Spanish
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Copyright © 2021 Warner Music Inc.