Analyst, Market Insights
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Analyst, Market Insights
A little bit about our team:
The Research Analysis department works to influence WMG's strategy and optimize day-to-day operations through data and insights. This position sits within R A's global digital team, working with Corporate Financial Planning & Analysis, WEA Finance, and the Labels to provide financial forecasting and analysis of the music industry and of our digital service providers at large. Our goal for this role is to develop a capable analyst able to help maintain financial models used for budgeting and planning purposes, as well as to assist WEA finance in providing analysis and variance explanations & market conditions to Label partners.
Why this could be your next big break:
Budgeting and financial planning is essential to the operations of any business. At WMG, the corporate office is the place where decisions are made for the entire company. In this role, you will be a key influencer in how the company shapes its decisions for the future. You can use your financial forecasting and research skills to predict the growth of the industry and provide assessments at a Partner or Market level of where opportunity exists. This is a vital and highly visible role that produces work product sought-after throughout the entire organization. You will have the opportunity to engage with C-level executives and Label CFO's who will depend on your knowledge and advice to make their decisions. The R A department is a collaborative team that loves learning new things, sharing ideas, thinking about the future of the music industry – and helping our company get there.
Here you'll get to:
• Prepare and consolidate key performance indicators for executive monthly reports. Work in tandem with Worldwide Corporate Finance team to develop perspective on music industry performance and comparable WMG metrics
• Update / maintain monthly U.S. financial and operating metrics from digital providers and participate in preparing variance explanations with WEA Finance team
• Provide year-round support with updating & maintaining WMG's global market forecast models
• Communicate market conditions and partner updates with the label partners and assist in preparing financial analysis as needed
• Assist with submitting public information to third-party industry organizations
• Assist with preparing presentations for meetings with senior management and internal business reviews
• Assist worldwide R A digital team members with ad hoc analyses as needed
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• Demonstrate themselves to be results oriented with strong analytical skills and problem-solving ability
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly and effectively (orally and in writing)
• Strong organizational skills with ability to work on multiple projects
• Proven time management skills and a cool-headed approach to dealing with tight deadlines from executive leadership
• Detail oriented and strong work ethic
• Computer skills: Advanced Excel (Pivot tables, Vlookups, etc.), PowerPoint, Access, Word
Education / Experience Required:
• Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Economics, Business, Accounting
• 3-5 years of experience in an analytical role, preferably in a banking or investments environment
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• 3-5 years of Investment Banking or Consulting experience
• Experience using SQL
• Media/entertainment industry experience
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
Warner Music Group is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local laws or ordinances.
Copyright © 2018 Warner Music Inc.