Analyst, Digital Finance
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Analyst, Digital Finance
A little bit about our team:
Digital Finance is responsible for the accurate financial reporting, accounting and budgeting for digital sales. This position will partner with various teams within WEA, the labels, corporate, accounting, business development, and legal, to build, evolve and oversee digital processes that will streamline dataflow for maximum efficiency and effectiveness and ensure timely and accurate reporting of digital data.
Why this could be your next big break:
This position provides a unique opportunity for someone who loves music to understand the music business and the deals with key digital music providers.
Here you'll get to:
• Assist in the preparation and reporting of monthly digital forecasts for labels
• Preparation and participation of monthly accounting digital close and revenue variance analyses against budgets and forecasts process.
• Assist in the financial accounting and reporting of digital revenue deals
• Proactively develop ad hoc reporting and analytics to provide value added insights to management
• Assist in applying appropriate revenue recognition policies determined in conjunction with the accounting policy team
• Prepare and assist in the reconciliation and management of the digital breakage reporting process
• Active participant in cross departmental and/or affiliate meetings to coordinate operational efforts, resolve high priority issues, and help create common awareness of new deal models and create process documentation for key digital processes
• Continuously seek out process improvements to existing processes and deliverables
• Provide support for financial audits and other regulatory compliance needs
• Administration of the Digital SharePoint Site
Rockstar candidates will be able to / have:
• Use data to tell an effective and accurate story
• Strong oral and written communication skills and strong ability to interface and develop relationships with contacts at all levels of the organization
• Proven business process improvement skills and excellent customer service skills
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• 2-4 years accounting or finance experience in a similar role
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA a plus
• Advanced to superior Microsoft Excel skills
• HFM/SAP experience a plus
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
Warner Music Group is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local laws or ordinances.
Copyright © 2019 Warner Music Inc.