Analyst, Corporate Services
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Analyst, Corporate Services
A little bit about our team:
The Corporate Finance Department at WMG is responsible for overseeing all of the financial operations of the company in partnership with the finance groups within WMG's Recorded Music Labels, Artist Services and Distribution businesses, and our Publishing affiliates. The department provides financial reporting, accounting, planning, budgeting, and financial compliance for the company.
Why this could be your next big break:
In this role you will support all forecasting and reporting for GT, HR, Legal, Executive, Corporate Communications, Tax, Treasury, Internal Audit, Finance, Facilities, Share Services, Business Development, Global Data Office, Diversity Equity & Inclusion, and Royalties & Participations.
Here you'll get to:
• Support the Corporate Services and Recorded Music head office budget which includes both Operating Expenses and Capital Expenses
• Prepare month-end close packages, including analysis of variances and review of accruals, P&L and balance sheet
• Work on bottom up and top down budget development, budget presentation, tracking of actual results versus budget expenses and monthly forecasting
• Track project costs against budget, develop reports for this purpose, participate in meets with senior management to discuss performance against budget and ensure proper coding and approval of project proposals, PO's and invoices
• Assist with preparation of monthly cash forecasts for special projects and facilities capital expenditures
• Support coordination and collection of Global Capital expenditures (mainly global technology, global data and facilities) during Budget and Forecast
• Support preparation of cost benefit analysis models for large scale projects, sourcing studies, and RFP evaluations including ROI analysis, cost model analysis, and lease vs. buy analysis
• Support capitalization of projects in accordance with WMG Global Accounting policy
• Coordinate Global Capital Allocation Request process for all material capital spend in coordination with the capital spend governance committee
• Support ad hoc analysis
Rockstar candidates must have:
• Degree in Finance or Accounting
• 2-4 years of relevant experience
• Actual close, budget to actuals analysis, budgeting and forecasting experience
• Strong project management and financial analysis skills
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly and effectively
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• CPA required
• BA Accounting
• Big 4 accounting experience
• Knowledge of Excel, Hyperion and SAP
• Music / Media / Entertainment Industry experience
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Copyright © 2021 Warner Music Inc.