Warner Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Job Title: Analyst
A little bit about our team:
The Warner Records Research & Analysis Team is a small, agile & objective group of individuals that support our artists, managers and internal departments by providing cutting-edge analysis to help advance Artist careers and ensuring the Label achieves its goals.
Why this could be your next big break:
Are you a Dork? Do you like Data? Were you a Math Nerd? If so, this job might be for you! In the Analyst role, you will be working across departments (Commerce, Marketing, Promotions, Advertising, Brands & A&R), so you'll have the first opportunity in identifying exciting new trends and market behaviors. A key component to this role is to be a sounding board to the rest of the company to help drive business and break artists into global superstars. It will also be your duty to help maintain best practices as we continue to refine our Artist/Project/Song development strategies based on data, trends & information. You'll need skills that are able to turn data into actionable items or learnings; so being able to 'Tell a Story with Data & Information' is a must. This isn't merely an Analyst position as you'll need to be a subject matter expert (aka music fan) as you develop more knowledge of the interworking's of music career development.
Here you'll get to:
• Design efficient, comprehensive and cohesive reports and analysis
• Proactively and effectively communicate concepts, findings, and other analytics on an ongoing basis to executives and departmental staff
• Help create efficiency in departments as you help to educate employees on reporting, data, new strategies, etc.
• Continuously learn new Software, Technology, Datasets, Social/Consumer Behaviour, Analytical Theories and use these to apply this knowledge to help drive business and generate better decision making within the company
• Be a subject matter expert
• Become a pillar of efficiency
• You are results oriented with strong analytical skills and problem solving ability
• You are self-starter
• You have great interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly and effectively (verbal & written)
• Presentation Skills
• Data Viz Skills
• Attribute cause and effect from active drivers
• You have strong organizational skills with ability to work on multiple projects
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Extensive familiarity with Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word) BI background in: Tableau, Omniture, MicroStrategy, Business Objects, Google Data Studio
• Knowledge of Data Sources: Nielsen, MusicConnect, Mediabase, NextBigSound
• Analytic Software is a Plus, Like: R, SPSS, SAS, Orange
• Data Languages: HTML, JSON, XML, Java, Python, SQL, VBA
• Music Industry or Entertainment Industry Experience
• Schooling/Education in one of the following: Math, Statistics, Economics, Sociology, Psychology, Business Admin, Marketing, Data Science
About us: We are a record label of iconic, culture - shaping music & entertainment. Built on irreverent ideas, creative risks, and life-changing hits. Created as a home for artists - established and emerging, mainstream and maverick, legends and legends-to-be. Run by a fearless team of music obsessives.
Born in the California sun, at home everywhere on Earth. We are Warner Records.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Copyright © 2021 Warner Music Inc.