Warner Music GroupNashville, TN
Full Time Job
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after Analysis team at Warner Music Group.
A little bit about our team:
The U.S. Shared Services he Analysis Department consists of two groups: the Audit Group, and the Revenue Assurance Group.
• The Audit Group is responsible for managing all incoming audits arising from the artist recording agreements, joint venture and participation agreements, publishing license agreements, and union collective bargaining agreements to which WMG's U.S. record labels are a party.
• The Revenue Assurance Group is responsible for processing all incoming payments received pursuant to the synch and master use licensing agreements covering WMG's recorded music repertoire, tracking and collecting outstanding payments, and administering WMG's artist royalty obligations with respect to such incoming payments.
Members of the Department work closely with employees in the Business Affairs, Finance, Production, Operations, New Media, and Marketing departments of each label client to fulfill the above-referenced responsibilities for the recordings and record those labels release
Why this could be your next big break:
The responsibilities of the candidate hired to fill this position will include managing all aspects of the audit process, including, without limitation, tracking audit notifications, reviewing and analyzing the claims contained in the audit reports we receive, making recommendations to the relevant WMG internal label clients regarding how to respond to those claims, facilitating settlement negotiations between the party auditing and WMG's internal label clients, and ensuring that any internal accounting entries related to the audit process are made accurately and in a timely manner.
Here you'll get to:
• Track audit notice letters received by the Group's label clients; upon receipt of a given notice, determining (and then advise such label clients of) the maximum duration of the period the party in question is contractually permitted to audit
• Assist in analyzing the audit claims submitted by the auditor in question, as well as the relevant provisions of the underlying artist, publisher and union contracts that govern WMG's exploitation of the assets that is at issue in the audit
• Create documentation and assist in settlement of each audit, on behalf of the WMG label client concerned; in close coordination with that label's Business & Legal Affairs and Finance Departments
• Manage the input and tracking of all data related to the Group's pending audits in the Group's consolidated audit tracking spreadsheet
• Perform such other duties as you may be asked to perform by the senior management of the Group and the division.
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• Candidates for this position must be able to work well independently and as part of a team;
• Candidates must have strong computer skills, including strong data entry and data analysis skills (with an emphasis on accuracy and problem-solving) and strong proficiency using Microsoft Office's Excel, Word and PowerPoint applications; familiarity with Microsoft Office's Access application is preferred, but not required.
• Candidate must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Candidate must possess excellent analytical, mathematical and organizational skills;
• Candidate must be able to meet deadlines consistently and effectively while working under pressure; candidate must be able to manage multiple assignments at any given time and prioritize them effectively and appropriately;
• Candidate must possess comprehensive working knowledge of WMG's EROS artist royalty system
• Candidate must possess working knowledge of [one or more of the legacy royalty systems previously used by WMG's major U.S. labels (e.g., Atlantic Records, Warner Records, Rhino Entertainment).
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required; major in accounting, finance or business is preferred.
• Candidate should possess a minimum of 0 to 1 years' experience working in a position or positions involving participation in, and management of, the external audit process for a record label.
We are Warner Music Group, home to a broad roster of new stars and legendary artists through a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, East West, Elektra, Erato, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin', Warner Records, Warner Classics, and Warner Music Nashville, as well as Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Copyright © 2019 Warner Music Inc.