Analyst, Artist Royalties Portal - Temp
Warner Music GroupNashville, TN
Full Time Job
Analyst, Artist Royalties Portal - TEMP
With a legacy extending back over 200 years, Warner Music Group (WMG) today brings together artists, songwriters and entrepreneurs that are moving entertainment culture across the globe. Operating in more than 70 countries through a network of affiliates and licensees, WMG's Recorded Music division includes renowned labels such as Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, Elektra, Erato, First Night, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin', Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Music Nashville. WMG's music publishing arm, Warner Chappell Music, has a catalog of more than 1.4 million musical compositions spanning every musical genre, from the standards of the Great American Songbook to the biggest hits of the 21st century. Warner Music Group is also home to WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic), the pioneering distribution and marketing network, and ADA, the independent artist and label services company, as well as consumer brands such as Songkick the live music app, EMP the merchandise e-tailer, and UPROXX the youth culture destination.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after Legal team at WMG's Center of Excellence for Shared Services.
A little bit about our team:
The U.S. Shared Services organization is based in WMG's Center of Excellence for Shared Services in Nashville, Tennessee (the ''Center''). The Center consists of five departments: Analysis, Finance, Legal, Licensing, and Reporting. Employees of the Center provide services to all of WMG's U.S. record labels, Warner Chappell Music Publishing, WEA Corp. and Alternative Distribution Alliance (WMG's distribution companies), and WMG's other U.S. business units.
The Legal Department is responsible for enforcing WMG's rights in the recorded music repertoire controlled by its U.S. record labels, managing litigations involving WMG's recorded music catalog rights in conjunction with WMG's corporate litigation in-house counsel, fielding inquiries from third parties, researching WMG's recorded music catalog rights, filing applications to register copyrights in and to WMG's recorded music repertoire, and managing WMG's relationships with the labor unions with which WMG's U.S. record labels have collective bargaining agreements.
Members of the Legal Department work closely with employees in the Business Affairs, Finance, Production, Operations, New Media, and Marketing departments of each label client to fulfill the above-referenced responsibilities.
Why this could be your next big break:
The candidate hired to fill this position will be responsible for providing stellar customer service support to third parties by providing them with the information and technical assistance they may need to register for WMG's Artist Royalties Portal (the ''Portal'') and either working to answer their related inquiries or routing them to the appropriate internal party for handling.
Here you'll get to:
• Use your customer service experience to respond to the high volume of third party inquiries received through WMG's Portal hotline, a phone number WMG royalty recipients can call if they have questions related to the Portal, and through WMG's general Portal email inbox, an email address WMG royalty recipients can email if they have questions related to the Portal;
• Conduct basic research within internal royalty systems and work with royalty analysts to gather and provide information third parties may need to complete the self-registration process for accessing the Portal;
• Support third parties by providing basic technical guidance and troubleshooting issues that may arise as they attempt to self-register for the Portal
• Provide feedback and insights to senior members of internal legal, finance and IT teams regarding both the user and administrative Portal experience and brief said teams on issues and/or trends that you discover in the course of administering the Portal experience;
• Use judgment and discretion to:
• Maintain security protocols and protect the company from risk by requesting documentation necessary to verify the identity of external inquirers before responding to their inquiries;
• Route non-royalty-related inquiries to appropriate internal parties for handling; and
• Route legal claims or other sensitive inquiries to appropriate internal parties for handling.
• Use Salesforce customer relationship management software to log and track all communications and milestones pertaining to Portal inquires, and generate reports and metrics in connection with the same.
• Work with internal resources to create new case management and customer service efficiencies, including recommending and facilitating workflow and process improvements where appropriate.
• Manage and prioritize workload to meet or exceed established department productivity and quality expectations and to ensure all inquirers receive responses within established timeframes.
Rockstar candidates will have the following:
• Experience working in a high-volume customer service environment, especially one that involves some measure of IT/technical support;
• Experience with the Salesforce online service platform;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Exceptional organizational skills;
• Independent problem solving skills;
• Understanding of contents and layout of artist royalty statements;
• Familiarity with the EROS and SAP computer software packages;
• Ability to rapidly adapt to new and evolving platforms and technologies; and
• Team player who is able to multi-task, prioritize and maintain a standard of excellence.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• 2 or more years of experience working in a public-facing customer service role
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to Recruitment@wmg.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Copyright © 2019 Warner Music Inc.