Warner Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 2/23/2023 9:30:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Administrator, Royalties jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Administrator, Royalties postings
Full Time Job
At Warner Chappell Music (WCM), we shape the culture of songwriting and champion songs that resonate for generations by creating transformational opportunities for songwriters everywhere. Our people and culture are at the epicenter of our company, and we are looking for team members who share our service-orienteted mindset and have a passion for looking after our songwriters.
As the global music publishing arm of Warner Music Group (WMG), we're a collective band of music lovers, innovative connectors, and relentless supporters of our songwriters and catalog of iconic works. We lead with curiosity, collaborate across departments, borders, languages, and genres, and we're committed to delivering on the promises we make to each other and to our songwriters.
Job Title: Administrator, Royalties
A little bit about our team:
Under general supervision, with latitude for independent judgment and decision, you are responsible for performing research and analysis relating to client royalty accounts, as part of the Royalties Payable team at Warner Chappell. Your job is the final rung on the administrative ladder – what we do on this team affects the distribution of client payments and statements, and establishes the terms of our client relations. Our team's services include paying and distributing royalties, obtaining tax forms, setting up vendor maintenance, and general administrative maintenance. As a Royalty Administrator, you will report to the Royalties Payable Director as part of the larger Royalty Department at WCM.
We are looking for a vital member to join our Royalties Payable team in our Los Angeles location – this person will be the point person for client contact within our department and through that experience, you will meet and work with a multitude of internal and external contacts across the globe, including songwriters, artists and their representatives. If you are highly motivated, interested in pursuing client relations and have a love for music, this role is for you.
Here you'll get to:
• You will be the first point of contact for all client inquiries received through Royalties Hotline and via email.
• You will work as part of the Royalties Payable team to coordinate and distribute quarterly and semi-annual client statements for the US and Canada.
• You will be the main point of contact for our Client Portal – includes onboarding, Portal overviews with external / internal contacts and account maintenance
• You will be involved with income research, preparing royalty adjustments, rate corrections and income reversals as needed on client accounts.
• You will update the system to implement client changes on amended, expired or co-administration deals.
• You will handles special project as assigned by supervisor.
• You will handle and safeguard confidential and proprietary information.
We'd love it if you also had:
• You have a baccalaureate degree with a major in business management; coursework to have included principles of accounting and/or bookkeeping procedures, arithmetical analysis, or computations and/or related systems is strongly preferred.
• Ability to think ahead and brainstorm effective / efficient processes for the team's day-to-day tasks.
• You are passionate about client relations and the variety of artists we represent! It would be ideal if you had two (2) to three (3) years of customer service experience with a focus in accounts payable, royalty statements, billing processes and analysis, or, a satisfactory equivalent of education, training and experience in related fields and/or educational disciplines, sufficient to qualify for the requirements of position.
• You have general computer skills and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office with emphases in Excel and Word; knowledge of general business practices.
• You possess a strong work ethic with strong organization skills and a high-level attention to detail, including royalty deadlines and timelines.
• You have strong communication skills (both written and verbal) in relaying information to both internal and external contacts, communicating in a manner consistent with the company's Code of Conduct and core values.
• You demonstrate the ability to self-start and self-motivate while handling diverse assignments
• Must be able to read and understand materials and documents and have the ability to recognize and extract critical data and information.
• Must be able to perform all diverse physical tasks necessary to complete all the essential duties and responsibilities of the position.
• Must be able to work at and utilize all necessary functions of a computer in order to complete all the essential duties and responsibilities of the position.
At Warner Chappell Music (WCM), we shape the culture of songwriting and champion songs that resonate for generations by creating transformational opportunities for songwriters everywhere.
Before the fans and fame, the soundtracks and syncs, there is the song. And before the song comes the songwriter - the heart of an art form that defines generations, and the soul of our business. Songwriters are our inspiration; we are their partners, collaborators, and crusaders.
Songwriters shape culture; and here at WCM we help hone their craft, build their careers, and protect their legacies. We value curiosity, collaboration, and commitment – which helps set us apart and helps us in our commitment and global service to our songwriters.
We are Warner Chappell Music - where songwriters are heard.
About Warner Music Group: As the home to 300 Elektra, Asylum, Atlantic, East West, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics, and several other of the world's premier recording labels, Warner Music Group champions emerging artists and global superstars alike. And our renowned publishing company, Warner Chappell Music, represents genre-spanning songwriters and producers through a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide. Redefining what it means to be a music company in the 21st century, our consumer brands include trend-setters like UPROXX, Songkick, HipHopDX, and EMP. We're the home to WMX – the next generation services division that connects artists with fans and amplifies brands in creative, immersive, and engaging ways – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or menta