Administrator, Income Tracking
Warner Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 5/13/2021 8:30:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Administrator, Income Tracking jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Administrator, Income Tracking postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Administrator, Income Tracking? Job Description:
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow.
We believe in everyone's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
Role Title: Administrator, Income Tracking
A little bit about our team:
• The Income Tracking team's mission is to maximize the collection of royalty revenue earned from the global exploitation of our copyrights, through the various music consumption platforms and royalty bearing exploitations associated with: Performance, Mechanical, Streaming, Digital and Synchronization rights.
• If you love music and have a desire to learn the business of music, this could be the position for you.
You'll be working within a team of 4 people under the supervision of the head of the Income Tracking department to:
• Ensure that users of our music report and remit, in a timely manner, accurate accountings of the royalties earned by our songwriters for the exploitation of their songs
• Remedy any issue which prevents us from collecting royalties owed to our writers
• Assist our Finance Division in their forecasting and budgeting process, as well as performing ''health checks'' on top deals and songs
• Monitor the earnings of our catalogs and newest hits, focusing on our share of the Top 100 Songs year end charts to ensure accurate licensing and reporting
• Assist our stakeholders to resolve issues relating to our copyrights
Why this could be your next big break:
Your Role will require you to work across a group of cross functional teams to accomplish our mission.
Internally: WCM Divisions
• Administration: Audits, Copyright, Mechanical Licensing, Royalty Processing,
• Creative: Artist and Repertoire, Creative Services, Synch, Film & TV
• Executive - Finance, Business Affairs
• Foreign Affiliates: UK, Asia, Europe, LatAm, et al
Externally: Labels, Licensing Agencies and Societies
• USA – ASCAP, BMI, GMR, HFA, MLC, RIAA, SESAC
• Canada – CMRRA, CRIA and SOCAN
• Foreign Societies – GEMA, MCPS, SACEM, STIM et al
• Global Digital Service Providers: Amazon, Apple, Spotify, YouTube et al
Here you'll get to:
• Work directly with major and independent record labels, digital service providers and their respective licensing agents
• Review and analyze royalty statements showing the consumption of Warner Chappell Copyrights released in the US and Canada
• Analyze the mechanical statements from WMG, UMG, SMG, HFA and CMRRA to ensure units, percentages and rates are accurately calculated and paid and remedy underreporting or errors
• Instruct our affiliates on our priority deals, and top charting songs to track on our behalf in their respective territories
• Forecast expected quarterly revenue and pipeline revenues for Finance
• Prepare quarterly summaries of ASCAP, BMI, GMR, SESAC and SOCAN statements
• Research and respond to queries related to missing or incorrectly reported royalties
• Follow up with licensees on discrepancies regarding the royalties reported to Warner Chappell
• You are organized, and self-driven with an interest in music and most importantly being proactive and able to prioritize
• In addition to a bachelor's degree, 1-2 years experience in data and royalty analytics related to copyright administration is a necessity
• You can manage a varied workload of analyses to support the requirements of our internal stakeholders
• You understand the important terms of artist agreements which impact royalty accounting
• You are proficient with the Microsoft Suite of Applications
• You love data and analyzing data, using the above listed analytical software to identify and solve royalty related issues.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Large database experience as well as SQL skills and/or experience with analytical software like Alteryx, Tableau Online Use and Music Connect
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Copyright © 2021 Warner Music Inc. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.