Administrator, Income Tracking
Warner Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Administrator, Income Tracking
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after Income Tracking team at Warner Chappell Music.
A little bit about our team:
The Income Tracking department is responsible for analyzing and verifying all royalty payments for all releases or performances in the U.S. and Canada which contain Warner Chappell Copyrights. We ensure the licensees and their royalty teams report and remit accurate accountings of the royalties earned by our songwriters in a timely fashion.
This department is vital to the service Warner Chappell provides to its songwriter clients and their bottom line.
You'll be working within a team of 4 people under the supervision of the head of the Income Tracking department.
Why this could be your next big break:
If you love music and a desire to learn the business of music this could be the position for you!
You will work closely with the following teams:
Internally: Copyright Administration, Mechanical Licensing, Royalty Processing, Artist and Repertoire, Finance, Business Affairs, Internal Audit and our foreign affiliates, to understand the licensing and administrative processes regarding rate calculations and the collection of the royalties.
Externally: The US and Canadian performance rights societies and mechanical licensing entities:
USA - ASCAP, BMI, SESAC, HFA
Canada - SOCAN and CMRRA
DSP' s: Amazon, Apple, YouTube and others
Here you'll get to:
• Work directly with major and independent record labels and their respective licensing agents
• Track sales for all Warner Chappell Copyrights released in the US and Canada
• Handle pipeline analysis, research and compile data on audits requested by our songwriters
• Analyze royalty statements to ensure units, percentages and rates are accurately calculated and paid
• Follow up with licensees to investigate and resolve any discrepancies regarding the royalties reported to Warner Chappell
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• Have superior organizational skills, can work independently and most importantly be proactive and able to prioritize
• To handle a large volume of releases and administer them obo songwriters
• Read and understand Artist contracts, and the ability to calculate statutory rates and controlled rates
• Be strongly proficient using Microsoft Excel (including pivot tables and VLOOKUP's), Word, and PowerPoint applications
• Possess mathematical and data analytical skills (with an emphasis on accuracy and problem-solving)
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• A Bachelor's degree or 2-3 years' experience in mechanical licensing or copyright administration is a necessity
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here and think you will too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. WMG will consider employment for qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box).
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to Recruitment@wmg.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Copyright © 2019 Warner Music Inc.