Warner Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the groundbreaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for an Administrative Assistant to join our innovative and highly respected team at ADA.
A little bit about our team:
ADA Worldwide strives to provide independent artists and label partners with access to the resources, relationships and experience required to share their creative vision with a global audience. We honor our diverse history and embrace the future with unwavering passion & ambition.
This position will support a pair of senior Executives and assist in the development and implementation of Domestic and Global initiatives and policies.
Why this could be your next big break:
The role of Administrative Assistant is a window into the inner workings of many aspects of the global organization. In this position you will be expected to support the Executives who implement both day-to-day initiatives as well as design long-term strategies.
We work with hundreds of labels and artists in all genres and from all corners of the globe. So many of ''the rules'' of the music business are being written in real-time and nowhere more so than at ADA. We are supported by the Warner Music Group but manage our own relationships with the most creative and ambitious entrepreneurs in the world.
Here you'll get to:
• You will manage the Executives' calendars, schedule meetings, arrange conference calls and travel, coordinate team meetings, order supplies, photocopy, screen visitors, receive mail and answer phones.
• You will work on special projects as needed for the Executives and for other ADA departments as needed.
• You will submit, track and maintain individual travel and entertainment expenses.
• You will plan and coordinate budgets and oversee execution of participation in conferences, industry events and special events including registration of all ADA employees to yearly Music Biz, SXSW and Indie Week confabs. This will include, without limitation, meeting room rentals, service rentals and any general guest services.
• You will take meeting minutes and distribute action items.
• You will produce PowerPoint and Excel reports and charts as needed.
• You will handle various independent projects assigned by the Executives
• You will act as the liaison between the Executives and business contacts.
• You will provide back-up coverage for the other assistants during their absence which includes covering phones, reports and other projects as needed.
• You will maintain highly confidential and sensitive information.
• You will maintain Office Depot accounts.
• You will acquire a broad knowledge of the organization's customs and culture.
• You will select and approve all ongoing vendors such as florists, caterers, and gift services, which includes courtesy and condolence items for employees, accounts and any other guest service.
• You will be the Los Angeles contact for WMG events and HR services including generally distributed information.
• You will, when necessary, supervise construction, carpentry and electrical technicians during office renovations.
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• You have at least two (2) years of experience in an Administrative Assistant position.
• You have excellent verbal and written skills.
• You are proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• You have exceptional organizational abilities and excel at multi-tasking.
• You have a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent business experience preferred.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• A desire to bring creativity and innovation to your daily work. We want the person in this role to improve upon historical achievements and standards.
• A love of music. That passion is a shared one across our global team. It's what unites our staff and territories as well as drives our initiatives and ambitions.
• An outgoing personality who is comfortable with working amongst a large number of people in an open floor plan environment.
Copyright © 2019 Warner Music Inc.