Administrative Assistant, Film, TV, and Music
Warner Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
At Warner Chappell Music (WCM), we shape the culture of songwriting and champion songs that resonate for generations by creating transformational opportunities for songwriters everywhere. Our people and culture are at the epicenter of our company, and we are looking for team members who share our service-oriented mindset and have a passion for looking after our songwriters.
As the global music publishing arm of Warner Music Group (WMG), we're a collective band of music lovers, innovative connectors, and relentless supporters of our songwriters and catalog of iconic works. We lead with curiosity, collaborate across departments, borders, languages, and genres, and we're committed to delivering on the promises we make to each other and to our songwriters.
Administrative Assistant, Film, TV, and Music
A little bit about our team:
The WCM Synchronization Department oversees music creative and strategy for film, television, and media clients. We work globally across the WCM Sync, Creative Services, and Administration teams, representing studio and production company publishing rights while connecting those companies to our writers, artists, and catalogs.
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic, detail-orientated individual with an interest in and basic understanding of the Film and TV landscape. This role would support the Head of Global Film, TV, and Media Original Music and the Warner Chappell Sync team.
Here you'll get to:
• Assist the VP with calendar management, travel and expenses, and provide general administrative support
• Research and track companies and projects, including production status, show schedules and film releases of both clients and active targets
• Create playlists and compile background information on original music for Sync department
• Coordinate globally on client services and Film/TV operations, working closely with partners across all WMG labels and Neighboring Rights, as well as with other WCM teams such as Creative Services, A&R, Production Music, Administration, and Digital
• Monitor active deals and provide follow-up on action items and client deliveries
• Put together follow-up and pitch decks
• Work on ad hoc projects
• Provide creative and clearance support to the Sync department
We'd love it if you also had:
• A high school level education or its equivalent is required. A bachelor's degree is preferred, preferably augmented by course work in music business and/or related fields.
• Prior experience within a Sync department, preferably in a music publishing company.
• Strong organization skills, high attention to detail and ability to handle multiple, diverse assignments while producing quality work and being accountable.
• The ability to work well in a team; to think proactively, strategically, and analytically; consistently takes initiative; demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities.
• Efficient time managing skills with the ability to adhere to deadlines meanwhile executing tasks accurately. -
• Reflect a high level of professional communication etiquette both internally and/or externally (written and verbal), in a manner consistent with the company's Code of Conduct and core values including the ability effectively interact with clients.
• General computer skills and full proficiency in Microsoft Office with emphases in Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint;
At Warner Chappell Music (WCM), we shape the culture of songwriting and champion songs that resonate for generations by creating transformational opportunities for songwriters everywhere.
Before the fans and fame, the soundtracks and syncs, there is the song. And before the song comes the songwriter - the heart of an art form that defines generations, and the soul of our business. Songwriters are our inspiration; we are their partners, collaborators, and crusaders.
Songwriters shape culture; and here at WCM we help hone their craft, build their careers, and protect their legacies. We value curiosity, collaboration, and commitment – which helps set us apart and helps us in our commitment and global service to our songwriters.
We are Warner Chappell Music - where songwriters are heard.
About Warner Music Group: As the home to 300 Elektra, Asylum, Atlantic, East West, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics, and several other of the world's premier recording labels, Warner Music Group champions emerging artists and global superstars alike. And our renowned publishing company, Warner Chappell Music, represents genre-spanning songwriters and producers through a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide. Redefining what it means to be a music company in the 21st century, our consumer brands include trend-setters like UPROXX, Songkick, HipHopDX, and EMP. We're the home to WMX – the next generation services division that connects artists with fans and amplifies brands in creative, immersive, and engaging ways – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
Copyright © 2022 Warner Music Inc.