Administrative Assistant, A&R
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Administrative Assistant, A&R
Job Title: Administrative Assistant, A&R
A little bit about our team:
Providing direct administrative and creative support for NY based A&R Creative Execs. You will be in charge of helping the NY A&R team run smoothly by handling calendars of execs and writers, pulling together expense reports, helping confirm and coordinate writing sessions, managing the NY studio calendar and more. This position is an integral part of the US creative team as a whole. We expect this assistant to be working hand in hand with our LA admin support staff to make sure all admin duties are covered and most importantly, the writers and executives they work with are fully supported.
Why this could be your next big break:
Warner Chappell Music Publishing is the smallest major publishing company. We operate like a boutique company with the outreach and resources of a major. We have many of the most in demand writers, artists and producers in music publishing. Join a winning team and work with some of the best songwriters in the business on their rise to hitmakers and to everlasting impactful art creators.
You'll be responsible for the following:
• You will welcome visitors, screen and direct phone calls/inquiries, book sessions and manage songwriters calendar, processes expenses, schedule and coordinate domestic and international meetings, maintain all calendar items, coordinate domestic and international travel, process incoming mail and correspondence, prepare outgoing mail, and ensure the office is always fully equipped and functions smoothly.
• You will work independently to complete routine departmental or unit functions and/or tasks including, but not limited to, various correspondence, preparing and updating recurring internal reports, forms, tables, pamphlets, etc. from rough draft, handwritten notes, or verbal instructions.
• You will proofread and edit drafts and final materials for appropriate consistent format, accuracy of financial figures or other data and makes corrections as needed.
• You will maintain and update department files, records and publications.
• You will screen all correspondence and publications, bringing those of significance to the Company's attention.
• You will be responsible for obtaining splits, co-writer, and publisher information for new releases / songs and delivering information to copyright department for song registration
• You will maintain show and event calendar.
• You will be supporting A&R tea
Rockstar candidates will have:
• One (1) to two (2) years of highly responsible experience in an administrative supportive role, preferably in a music publishing or related business, or:
• A satisfactory equivalent of education, training and experience in related fields and/or educational disciplines, sufficient to qualify for the requirements of position.
• Interest and knowledge of contemporary music and current music trends.
• Knowledge of general business practices.
• Possess a strong work ethic.
• Strong organization skills and pay high attention to detail.
• Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• The ability to adhere to deadlines and execute on tasks and handle multiple, diverse assignments.
• Great time management
• Ability to work well in team.
• Demonstrated ability to be innovative and suggest change/improvements within scope of work.
• Foresight to anticipate needs and create efficient and effective processes.
• Motivation - Self-starter, self-motivated and takes responsibility/ownership of tasks.
• Innovation - Thinks outside the box proactively, strategically and analytically.
• Consistency - takes initiative.
• Demonstrated flexibility and adaptability to changing situations.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
Warner Music Group is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local laws or ordinances. WMG will consider employment for qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box).
Copyright © 2018 Warner Music Inc.