Warner Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Accounting Manager (Temp)
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Job Title: Sr. Accountant/Accounting Manager
A little bit about our team:
This position will be part of the North America Warner Chappell Finance and Accounting team. This team works closely with the Center of Excellence (Shared Service) in Nashville, the Warner Chappell home office and Corporate Finance teams, and revenue generating departments of Digital and Sync as well as our royalty department. This position is a very important role to help backfill our team members as they help transform the way we operate.
Why this could be your next big break:
Ever wondered how much royalties are earned/paid from YouTube or Spotify? Or how about seeing the constant growth in digital streaming revenues? Well now's your chance……
Here you'll get to:
• Support the close by preparing Journal entries and running trial balances
• Assist in design and implementation of new schedules and tracking sheets to help in the close process
• Review licenses to determine revenue recognition
• Assist with monthly cash forecast documents and submits this data to WMG NY
• Participate in the annual budgeting and monthly forecast process mainly in the area of revenue and royalty expense and balance sheet
• Maintain the revenue tracking schedule for forecast, cash forecast and commentary
• Perform revenue reconciliation controls for cash vs. processed revenue
• Have a BA in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
• Have 3 to 5 years related experience
• Have exceptional excel skills
• Have superior attention to detail
• Have elevated analytical skills and be curiosity driven
• Must be able to work flexible hours, especially during month end and budget season to meet deadlines
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Have entertainment experience
• Have background with SAP, Hyperion, PowerPivot
• Have revenue recognition experience related to contracts
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Copyright © 2021 Warner Music Inc.