A&R Research Analyst Assistant
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
A&R Research Analyst Assistant
Job Title: A&R Research Analyst Assistant
A little bit about our team:
Your daily work involves assisting the Research Analyst of Elektra's A&R team. Day-to-day work involves generating specialized reports for specific artists of interest, troubleshooting data inconsistencies, and consulting with the creative members of the A&R team. If you have a strong passion for data and love discovering new music, this position is for you. In a cover letter, express your interests for music and data and why you would be a great fit for analytics within A&R. Additionally, include a link to your GitHub or any recent portfolio projects.
Why this could be your next big break:
Ideal candidates live and breathe all aspects of music and understand (or are determined to learn) the fundamental components of the business side of the industry. EMG's unique opportunity offers the excitement of a fresh, growing company combined with the resources of a large corporate entity. The analyst will contribute to daily reporting needs for artist discovery.
Here you'll get to:
• You will generate reports of the top artists ranked by the highest researching metrics
• You will pull data as directed by the A&R Research Analyst from various APIs/databases in order to load it into a SQL database
• You will research artists and communicate unique qualitative and quantitative information
• You will discover new artists through websites and apps including Music Connect, Sodatone, Indify, Chartmetric, and Mediabase
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• You have python (or R) skills, in addition to Excel and SQL
• You have a bachelor's degree within any quantitative field
• You have prior experience (internships included) in a data-driven role
• You have data storytelling skills – ability to analyze large amounts of information and communicate only the most important facts
• You have a strong passion for music
• You are self-motivated and able to complete tasks independently
• You are extremely detail oriented, organized, disciplined, and hard-working
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• An understanding of ETL processes and data engineering skills
• Tableau, Pandas, Jupyter Notebook, and AWS experience
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
Warner Music Group is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local laws or ordinances.
Copyright © 2018 Warner Music Inc.