Warner Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 6/29/2021 6:30:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for A&R Assistant jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all A&R Assistant postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an A&R Assistant?
Full Time Job
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
Job Title: Assistant, A&R - Elektra Music Group
A little bit about our team:
The A&R team at Elektra Music Group (EMG) is a fast-paced and collaborative team operating within the Elektra umbrella working to identify and sign emerging artists. This team works with all labels attached to EMG, including Elektra, Fueled By Ramen, dta, Roadrunner, Low Country Sound and Public Consumption. This role will be working with the whole Elektra Music Group A&R team.
Why this could be your next big break:
As an A&R assistant at Elektra Music Group, you will build and refine your A&R skillset while assisting and training under two A&R executives in Los Angeles. In this role, you will develop the fundamentals of A&R as well as lean intimate knowledge of how an A&R department at a major record company functions. You will have an opportunity to develop a meaningful voice in the creative process including what artists the label pursues as well as what songwriters and producers our artists work with. You will also have the opportunity to and be expected to learn the functionality of data & analytics within an A&R department. In this aspect of the role, you will get to work closely with the data analysts at Elektra Music Group and gain an understand of the role of data & analytics in the music industry.
Here you'll get to:
In a typical week you will work on projects across the three main areas of the role: A&R, Data & Analytics & Administrative. Examples of projects you will be working on include:
• Provide administrative assistance including:
• Maintain executive schedules
• File monthly expense reports
• Book travel and adjust trips that are in progress as needed
• Maintain artist schedules
• Schedule songwriting and production sessions for artists on the Elektra Music Group roster
• Liaise with mixing and mastering engineers for records in the making at Elektra Music Group
• Provide support to Elektra Music Groups data & analytics team, including report compilation and report review
• Attend daily / weekly A&R meetings as well as weekly company meetings hosted by various departments
• Attend artist showcases and shows on behalf of Elektra Music Group
• Contribute ideas for songwriter and production sessions for artists on the Elektra Music Group roster
• Bring potential artists signings to the A&R team
• You are highly organized and detail oriented
• You have strong time management & compartmentalization skills
• You communicate well both with verbal and written communication
• You can handle multiple short and long-term projects simultaneously
• You are a music lover with a deep understanding of music culture
• You are eager to learn more about the music industry and A&R specifically
• You thrive in a collaborative and team-oriented environment
• You like live music
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• 1 -2 years working experience
• Have experience in the gaming space either as a gamer or with a gaming platform or channel such as Discord or Twitch
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Copyright © 2021 Warner Music Inc.