Warner Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 1/15/2021 5:30:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for A&R Assistant jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all A&R Assistant postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an A&R Assistant? A&R Assistant
With a legacy extending back over 200 years, Warner Music Group (WMG) today brings together artists, songwriters and entrepreneurs that are moving entertainment culture across the globe. Operating in more than 70 countries through a network of affiliates and licensees, WMG's Recorded Music division includes renowned labels such as Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, Elektra, Erato, First Night, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin', Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Music Nashville. WMG's music publishing arm, Warner Chappell Music, has a catalog of more than 1.4 million musical compositions spanning every musical genre, from the standards of the Great American Songbook to the biggest hits of the 21st century. Warner Music Group is also home to WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic), the pioneering distribution and marketing network, and ADA, the independent artist and label services company, as well as consumer brands such as Songkick the live music app, EMP the merchandise e-tailer, and UPROXX the youth culture destination.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after A&R – Pop/Rock team at Atlantic Records.
Position: A&R Assistant
A little bit about our team:
Atlantic has always been and continues to be an A&R driven record label. The A&R Department operates as the primary source of talent scouting and record making within Atlantic Records. It is A&R that allows us to identify and sign new talent and continue making records for currently signed artists on the roster.
Why this could be your next big break:
You would be supporting the A&R team in Los Angeles. These A&R executives work primarily in Pop/Rock; Your work would be to support and fulfill any and all of their A&R and administrative duties. In this role you will learn all aspects of the A&R process.
Here you'll get to:
• Manage and schedule meetings, showcases, and calendars.
• Coordinate sessions for artist clients with producers and songwriters
• Handle travel and itineraries for A&Rs and artist clients
• Act as a liaison between the label, artists, and management companies
• Work closely with all departments including marketing, publicity, sales, product management, finance and legal
• Assist and have the opportunity to participate in coordination of song creation and record production. Work with songwriters, publishers, mixing and mastering engineers, studio managers, and artists throughout the process
• Maintain and develop relationships directly with artists
• Opportunity to scout and research new artist, songwriter, and producer talent for Atlantic Records
• Opportunity to review demo submissions and cover shows
• Work with the A&R research team and help to compile weekly reports
• Cover studio sessions for the A&R's artist roster
• Provide all levels of support including phones, expense reports, travel, and studio bookings
• Attend all weekly A&R meeting and departmental song sessions
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• Be self-motivated and a great communicator
• Provide basic assistant/admin support
• Be detail oriented and organized
• Have an amazing ear and hunger for new music discovery
• Have a vast knowledge and understanding of music across all genres
• Be able to maintain relationships and evaluate talent
• Be proactive, passionate and driven to learn about all aspects of A&R
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Previous music industry experience
• Experience using industry tools such as Nielsen Music Connect, Mediabase, etc.
• Strong Computer Skills – Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and the Internet.
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to Recruitment@wmg.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Copyright © 2021 Warner Music Inc. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.