A&R Assistant - Pop / Rock
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 10/25/2021 10:31:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for A&R Assistant - Pop / Rock jobs in New York-NY
Search all A&R Assistant - Pop / Rock postings
Full Time Job
WMG's top priority is the safety and wellbeing of its team members, artists and songwriters across the globe. In response to COVID-19, WMG is fully committed to helping its people balance their home and life commitments with flexible working options, virtual wellness sessions, and more. WMG strives to maintain a COVID-free workplace. To that end, being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is a condition of employment for all US new employees, prior to the commencement of employment. If you are hired, you will be required to provide proof of your vaccination as part of your new employee onboarding process, subject to our legal obligation to make reasonable accommodations in certain limited circumstances.
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Job Title: A&R Assistant – Pop/Rock
A little bit about our team:
Atlantic has always been and continues to be an A&R driven record label. The A&R Department operates as the primary source of talent scouting and record making within Atlantic Records. It is A&R that allows us to identify and sign new talent and continue making records for currently signed artists on the roster.
Why this could be your next big break:
You would be supporting three Atlantic A&Rs based in New York that work across various genres in fulfilling any and all of their A&R and administrative duties. You would be learning all aspects of the A&R process with the aim of growing within the A&R department at Atlantic Records for years to come.
Here you'll get to:
• Manage and schedule meetings, showcases, and calendars.
• Coordinate sessions for artist clients with producers and songwriters
• Handle travel and itineraries for A&Rs and artist clients
• Act as a liaison between the label, artists, and management companies
• Work closely with all departments including marketing, publicity, sales, product management, finance and legal
• Assist and participate in coordination of record production. Work with mixing and mastering engineers, studio managers, and artists throughout the process
• Maintain and develop relationships directly with artists
• Scout and research new artist, songwriter, and producer talent for Atlantic Records
• Review demo submissions and cover shows
• Work with the A&R research team and help to compile weekly reports
• Cover studio sessions for the A&R's artist roster
• Provide all levels of support including phones, expense reports, travel, and studio bookings
• Be self-motivated and a great communicator
• Provide basic assistant/admin support
• Be detail oriented and organized
• Have an amazing ear and hunger for new music discovery
• Have a vast knowledge and understanding of music across all genres
• Be able to maintain relationships and evaluate talent
• Be proactive, passionate and driven to learn about all aspects of A&R
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Previous music industry experience
• Experience using industry tools such as Nielsen Music Connect, Mediabase, etc.
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Copyright © 2021 Warner Music Inc.