Warner Bros.Burbank, CA
Full Time Job
E.C. Publications, Inc. seeks a VP, Television for the Creative Affairs department.
• Work with team to develop and execute TV content strategy to drive DC brand and in support of franchise priorities.
• Writes and develops pitches, character and concept summaries based on DC properties for television.
• Works on the strategic slate of development.
• Reviews scripts and creative materials for television that are in production.
• Provides notes regarding character usage looking at the entire DCE portfolio and makes recommendations for modifications as appropriate.
• Works directly with Producers, WBTV and appropriate partners to implement modifications.
• Represents DCE in meetings regarding current projects (both internally and with the entities producing the projects).
• Works with internal colleagues and departments – Global Franchise Management, Marketing, PR and Legal to share relevant information on production.
• Manages and develops staff.
• Performs other related duties as assigned
• BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience required.
• 8 years' professional experience required in television development/production
• Experience with writing notes on treatments/scripts/outlines/concept documents required
• Experience with character, story and property long-term planning required
• Previous experience managing others required
• Knowledge of DC Comics library
• In depth knowledge of television industry, including the development and production processes
• Ability to create and develop written materials
• Proven and effective collaboration and relationship building skills
• Familiarity with current DCE projects