VP, Legal Affairs
Warner Bros.Burbank, CA
Full Time Job
VP, Legal Affairs - Wbtv
Location: United States - California - Burbank
Warner Bros. Television Group (WBTVG) develops and oversees the entire portfolio of Warner Bros.' television businesses, including worldwide production, traditional and digital distribution and broadcasting. Warner Bros' content is distributed around the world by Warner Bros. Television's Domestic and International Distribution groups.
Warner Bros. Television is seeking a VP, Legal Affairs. This VP provides legal services for television studio scripted live-action production and distribution.
• Prepares agreements for all facets of scripted television production and distribution, including network, cable, and SVOD license agreements, above-the-line agreements, option and literary purchase agreements, production services agreements, assignments, releases, contingent compensation definitions, and settlement agreements.
• Provides legal services to the production department and show producers, including supervision of script clearances and permissions, preparation and negotiation of location agreements, clip agreements, releases, and other production-related matters.
• Negotiates deal terms not expressly addressed in business affairs negotiations.
• Researches rights to exploit properties in various markets and rights of talent in connection with such exploitation.
• Researches and answers inquiries regarding contracts, privacy rights, copyright laws, script clearances, guild requirements, and other legal matters.
• Works out co-venture agreements as appropriate, anticipating distribution issues.
• Reviews and updates certain practices and procedures (e.g. title clearances, rights acquisitions, rights research and documentation of acquired rights).
• Creates and updates form agreements (e.g. network and other licensing agreements, overall agreements, contingent compensation definitions, and writer-producer agreements).
• Supervises Directors, Counsel, paralegal and clerical subordinates in the performance of legal-related tasks.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• 10 years of entertainment law experience, preferably at a studio or network.
• Television legal production experience strongly preferred.
• Three years of law firm experience strongly preferred.
• Bachelor's degree required
• Juris Doctor degree from an American Bar Association accredited law school required
• Admission to the California Bar required; Bar membership must be in good standing
• Must have full working knowledge of copyright and contract law.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.