VP, Legal Affairs
Warner Bros.Burbank, CA
Full Time Job
Warner Bros. Pictures seeks a VP, Legal Affairs for the Global Theatrical Production Group.
The position reports to the head of legal affairs for the Warner Bros. Film Group. The principal job duties are:
• Negotiating and drafting agreements related to the development, production and financing of theatrical and streaming films, including rights agreements and above-the-line talent agreement.
• Providing legal support during physical and post-production, including negotiating location and visual effects agreements
• Working closely with the business affairs group in connection with the studio's motion picture projects
The successful candidate will have a J.D. degree from an ABA accredited law school and at least 10 years of relevant motion picture production experience working for a production company, studio or law firm. Legal affairs, co-financing, negative pick-up and animation experience is a plus. In addition, the candidate will possess the following attributes:
• Willingness to tackle matters outside their area of expertise
• Strong writing and communication skills
• Ability and flexibility to take on new and complex legal challenges
• Strong analytical capabilities and judgment
• Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight time frames in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively and cross functionally
• Adaptable negotiation style
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world's most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Warner Bros. Pictures Group (WBPG) produces, markets and distributes Warner Bros.' slate of approximately 20 movies a year, including films from New Line Cinema. Our movies have generated industry-leading box office results and have won multiple Academy Awards in recent years. Warner Bros. Pictures is a global leader in the international marketing and distribution of feature films, operating in more than 30 countries and releasing films in more than 120 territories.