VP Human Resources, Global Brands & Experiences
Warner Bros.Burbank, CA
Full Time Job
What part will you play?
Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. seeks a VP, Human Resources, Global Brands & Experiences for the HR WHE, DC/CP, Theatrical department. Position oversees all human resources activities for Warner Bros Global Brands and Experience group. Acts as a business partner with the indicated divisions to assure that human resources strategies compliment the goals and objectives of the businesses. Provides day-to-day oversight and planning of HR activities for all the Global Brands and Experiences client groups, which includes WBCP, Themed Entertainment and DC Entertainment. Partners with corporate human resources entities as needed.
• Works with business executives to develop and execute human resource strategies that are aligned with the business' strategic plans.
• In partnership with the Org Development group provides oversight, guidance and execution support on organization development initiatives relating to culture transformation, organizational design and structure, change management projects, employee and leadership development, succession planning, coaching and team effectiveness.
• Participates in and provides guidance in discussions with business unit executives on organization structure and design matters. This includes determining the appropriate resource allocation, staffing levels by position, and reporting structure. Assures the successful implementation of any changes through a thorough change management plan, including justification of staffing resources, staff reductions, recruitment, promotions, etc. Works closely with Compensation and Talent Acquisition on achieving desired results.
• In alignment with talent management strategies, oversees business units' recruitment efforts, with emphasis on hard to fill, technical and financial positions, in partnership with Corporate Talent Acquisition. Ensures a diverse slate of qualified candidates is presented for each position.
• Partners with business unit heads and their designees to manage financial and headcount budget management and forecasting based on business plan (salaries, promotions, temps, independent contractors, overtime, etc.).
• Provides counsel to employees and management on employment issues, in conjunction with Employee Relations, and/or Legal as needed. Assures compliance with federal and state labor and employment laws. Conducts investigations, provides guidance on performance conduct matters, facilitates the resolution of disputes, interprets company policy, etc. Assists businesses in the development of related guidelines and procedures.
• Oversees TRP (Total Reward Planning) process. Provides direction and guidance to the HR Managers, WFA Specialist and HR Administrator to ensure all the related processes are performed in a timely manner.
• In partnership with HR Services, leverages HR analytics data in support of decision making in the areas of recruitment, talent management, employee engagement, performance and retention.
• Provides guidance and direction to other human resources staff members as necessary.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
What do we require from you?
• Undergraduate degree required.
• Human Resources coursework or related training programs required.
• Minimum 10 years professional level Human Resources experience required.
• Previous studio/entertainment industry experience preferred.
• Packaged goods industry experience preferred.
• Experience must include managing company budgets for salary related costs.
• Previous experience managing staff required.
• Experience developing and implementing Human Resources guidelines/practices required.
• Experience with talent management strategy and initiatives (Talent Reviews, Performance Management, Team Development, Leadership Coaching and Development).
• Experience in driving and implementing culture and change initiatives.
• Previous experience that shows the ability to influence and partner with business leaders.
• Knowledge and experience in recruitment, succession planning, executive development, employee training and development, and employee orientation.
• Extensive working knowledge of labor and employment laws and compliance.
• Proven ability to resolve sensitive and complex employee/management concerns including disciplinary action practices, employment investigations, exit interviews and employee terminations.
• Significant understanding of Human Resources principles such as salary grades, compensation practices (increases, promotions, bonus structure), general company policy and procedure issues.
• Computer proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Workday and various database/recruitment programs strongly preferred.
• Must have effective and proven written and verbal skills.
• Must be able to gain the confidence of senior level executives in order to be credible and seen as a business partner.
• Must be able to communicate and interface effectively and tactfully with all levels of executives and other employees.
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality and use confidential information appropriately.
• Must pay close attention to detail.
• Must be able to organize and schedule work effectively and effectively adapt to changing priorities.
• Must be able to work under time constraints and handle multiple tasks.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be able to work overtime as needed.
• Must be able to travel when necessary.
• Must be able to work independently.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.