VP, Global Marketing
Warner Bros.Burbank, CA
Full Time Job
VP, Global Marketing, Dc Comics
Location: United States - California - Burbank
The VP, Global Marketing, DC Comics is responsible for developing integrated campaigns and innovative growth marketing strategies to drive accelerated sell-in and sell-thru for DC Publishing's initiatives globally. This includes third party retailers and Direct-To-Consumer digital channels.
This role will be responsible for managing the DC brand identity and design guidelines, DC Comics brand strategy, and annual marketing objectives and metrics – ensuring brand standards and character franchise attributes are driven through all consumer and trade touchpoints.
Working closely with the SVP, General Manager, the VP, Global Marketing, DC Comics will drive brand awareness and recruitment, support key sales initiatives, publicity, promotions, brand marketing creative, social media, and all related advertising content. Success will be measured against how effective they are at maximizing revenue, recruitment, fan engagement, and sell-thru across all consumer-facing retailer accounts and digital channels. This includes effective use of all internal owned and operated consumer-facing media and distribution channels.
The VP, Global Marketing, DC Comics, will also lead the Marketing and Creative Services teams in support of growing the DC Publishing business – the cornerstone of the DC Universe. They will work closely with the Revenue, Editorial Strategy, Digital, and PR leads on business and brand priorities.
• Develop Marketing plans, budgets, and tactics for each retail and marketing channel that supports annual Publishing initiatives. Communicate plans to DC Comics staff, as well as other DC groups across Studios & Networks to ensure successful execution of DC's Publishing marketing initiatives.
• Oversee Consumer and Trade integrated marketing development of all Marketing materials for Publishing, including sell sheets, newsletters, PR, social media and digital ad campaigns, marketing kits, strategic marketing partnerships, etc.
• Develop Marketing strategy for expanding worldwide consumer reach of DC Publishing across all DC's imprints -- that includes both physical (comic shop specialty market, book sellers, mass, etc.) & digital distribution platform channels.
• Lead Creative Services & Design to establish overall look and consistent approach for publishing across all social media, digital, and print platforms, including on-brand usage by other internal stakeholders.
• Strategize on events (e.g. talent-driven book signings, conventions, franchise events) in all consumer-facing channels to maximize awareness and sales of priority titles. Ensure close coordination with Global Franchise Development on key brand, franchise and company-wide initiatives.
• Drives measurable and trackable conversion across CRM, Social, and paid media campaigns.
• Manage and develop staff. Build a ''Fans First'' culture focused on consumer insights, creativity, innovation, high accountability, and solutions-oriented leaders. This role will also lead consumer research in partnership with the Global Research & Insights team.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Minimum 10 years' experience in Brand & Product Marketing, Publishing, and Digital Media
• Digital marketing, content marketing, and influencer marketing experience is a must
• A passion for the DC brand and comics preferred
• Previous experience managing a team with global responsibilities
• Experience in the entertainment industry is a plus
• Ability to track and measure marketing effectiveness and conversion is key
• Experience building retail sales program for mass market and lifestyle retail channels is a plus
• Experience developing influencer-driven content marketing camapigns
• Experience managing global sweepstakes and/or rewards programs
• BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience required
• Intermediate to Advanced knowledge in MS Office Software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), SharePoint, and Adobe Suite Software (Acrobat, Photoshop, InDesign) required
• Collaborative/relationship builder (works with staff, peers, partners)
• Highly analytical & a strategic thinker; ability to leverage data & insights to develop campaigns
• Must have the ability to influence others, and drive for results in a prioritized manner
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced, highly dynamic work environment
• Innovative and creative problem solver; must be able to drive world-class, culturally relevant creative and content marketing programs
• Ability to travel as needed (up to 10% of the time)
• Ability to support the Sales & Partnerships team with prospective client pitches
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.