Visual Merchandise Associate
Warner Bros.New York, NY
Full Time Job
Visual Merchandise Associate (Harry Potter Flagship)
Location: United States - New York - New York
Warner Bros. Studio Operations (WBSO) oversees the physical operations of the historic 110-acre main lot in Burbank including its 30 soundstages and 20-acre backlot, as well as production-related services including costume, set-dressing, construction, set lighting, catering, transportation, photography and much more. The production site also hosts tours for consumers offering guests intimate views at the inner workings of thriving entertainment studios.
Our inaugural Harry Potter Flagship Store is looking for Visual Merchandise Associates.
Warner Bros. is continuing to expand and evolve the Wizarding World of Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts with the opening of a Flagship Wizarding World store in New York. This store will bring to life the magic of Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts for all Fans and Super Fans of the franchise. Flagship Retail will deliver incredible product, service and environments in spaces that truly celebrate the Wizarding World.
This position will support the Manager, Visual Merchandise and Lead Visual Merchandise associate in presentation of the New York Flagship Wizarding World store by maximizing customer and fan engagement in an awe inspiring, best in class retail environment. One of the main responsibilities for this role is to support the Manager, Visual Merchandise on managing the 365 visual and marketing calendar of event, in conjunction and collaboration with all flagship leadership hierarchy and flagship teams- inclusive of design assisting, producing and installing and monitoring all store POS, merchandising, and window campaigns.
This position will also support the leadership hierarchy of the New York Flagship Wizarding World store by maximizing customer and fan engagement in an awe inspiring, best in class retail environment. One of the main responsibilities for this role will be to actively engage customers through an immense experiential environment while maintaining our brand standards.
• Customer Service:
• Serve as lead point of contact in absence of Manager, Visual Merchandising and Lead Visual Merchandising lead.
• Ensure the maintenance of the stores visual merchandising is kept to the highest standards.
• Trains and coaches store team on merchandise presentation and standards.
• Consistently demonstrates a positive and seamless guest experience.
• Assist customers with merchandise purchases by locating items customers may wish to purchase, suggesting items of interest, and retrieving merchandise from inventory when needed.
• Responsible for cascading customer feedback to correct channels of communication.
• Store Operations:
• Ensures departmental area of responsibility upholds to all visual and brand standards.
• Supports the visual and store management/team on daily visual merchandise presentation standards.
• Maintain a safe and clean work environment through coaching and education to ensure safety guidelines are adhered to.
• Executes strategy plans on shrink reduction policies
• Register and cash handling duties include ensuring that all transactions are complete and accurate.
• Follows, teaches, and exhibits all safety and compliance protocols
• Performs all other duties as instructed
• Financial Analytics:
• Ensures all company assets are maintained in optimal condition.
• Provides hands on assistance to supporting sales.
• Focuses on UPT and APT through in the moment coaching and assistance
• Follows the steps of sales in each customer engagement
• Responsible in attaining delegated daily, monthly, or quarterly sales goals.
• Brand Representation:
• Constantly maintains store appearance to ensure that it is neat, orderly, and well stocked to meet the Company's visual merchandising standards.
• Teaches and lives stores culture with each associate
• Collaborates with the team to follow company values
• Follows and impacts store set priorities and brand standards
• Minimum 1 year experience working at a retail store in Visual Merchandising.
• Creative ideation, Visual merchandising, window installation.
• Good understanding of business and financial concepts and demonstrated ability to lead the team to drive results
• Established time management, prioritization, and organizational skills
• Knowledge of Harry Potter series and background
• Demonstrated customer service skills
• Excellent communication skills (i.e. verbal, non-verbal, visual) with the ability to communicate effectively in public to both small and large groups.
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with a positive attitude Highly motivated self-starter with good initiative
• Proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Creative Suite
• Must have open availability for a flexible work schedule that meets the operating needs of the business, including overnights, evenings, holidays, and weekend shifts
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.