Virtual Reality Technician
Warner Bros.New York, NY
Part Time Job
Virtual Reality Technician (Harry Potter Flagship)
Location: United States - New York - New York
Warner Bros. Studio Operations (WBSO) oversees the physical operations of the historic 110-acre main lot in Burbank including its 30 soundstages and 20-acre backlot, as well as production-related services including costume, set-dressing, construction, set lighting, catering, transportation, photography and much more. The production site also hosts tours for consumers offering guests intimate views at the inner workings of thriving entertainment studios.
Harry Potter Flagship NY seeks Virtual Reality Technicians (Full Time/Part Time) for the Flagship Retail NY department. Warner Bros. is continuing to expand and evolve the Wizarding World of Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts with the opening of a Flagship Wizarding World store in New York. This store will bring to life the magic of Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts for all Fans and Super Fans of the franchise. Flagship Retail will deliver incredible product, service and environments in spaces that truly celebrate the Wizarding World.
This position will support the leadership hierarchy of the New York Flagship Wizarding World store by maximizing customer and fan engagement in an awe inspiring, best in class retail environment. One of the main responsibilities for this role will be to troubleshoot, repair and maintain virtual reality equipment to ensure a smooth customer journey.
• Consistently demonstrates a positive and seamless guest experience.
• Able to anticipate issues before they arise and take preventative measures to reduce.
• Able to step into an in-world environment and use scripted points to expand customer experience while troubleshooting takes place.
• Computer, application, and experience duties include ensuring that all necessary experience equipment is fully functioning.
• Follows troubleshooting guide to resolve technical issues and maintain a premium customer experience within the experience.
• Observes shows via monitoring system, resolving experience issues remotely where possible.
• Maintains accounting of all hardware inventory and completes scheduled audits to monitor this regularly.
• Ensures scheduled audits are completed to monitor and prevent equipment damage.
• Completion of requested reports and customer feedback to continually enhance the experience.
• Maintain virtual reality appearance to ensure that it is neat, sanitized, and well maintained to meet the company's customer experience standards.
• Maintain additional uniform pieces to create in world experience for customers.
• Minimum 1 years' experience in Theater / Live performance production, Retail Experience, or IT / technical related industry.
• Ability to problem solve and respond to department priorities and direction.
• Technical certifications within the IT and / or entertainment industries may be useful.
• Established time management, prioritization, and organizational skills.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with a positive attitude.
• High attention to detail.
• Strong knowledge of software systems including troubleshooting.
• Solid understanding of hardware care and maintenance including ability to complete routine maintenance tasks as needed.
Must have open availability for a flexible work schedule that meets the needs of the business, including overnights, evenings, holidays, and weekend shifts.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.