Vice President, International Media
Warner Bros.Burbank, CA
Full Time Job
Location: United States - California - Burbank
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world's most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Warner Bros. Pictures Group (WBPG) produces, markets and distributes Warner Bros.' slate of approximately 20 movies a year, including films from New Line Cinema. Our movies have generated industry-leading box office results and have won multiple Academy Awards in recent years. Warner Bros. Pictures is a global leader in the international marketing and distribution of feature films, operating in more than 30 countries and releasing films in more than 120 territories.
Warner Bros. Distributing Inc. seeks a Vice President, International Media for the International Media department.
Oversees all International media planning operations for WB Theatrical releases, working within the larger Global Media team and alongside the International Theatrical Marketing team.
Works in partnership with International territory teams to develop, execute and manage the use of paid media in all Theatrical marketing campaigns. Provides strategic oversight for broader initiatives including learning agendas, joint business partnerships and agency management.
Responsible for constant clear communication of International media updates and objectives to key internal and external stakeholders, including International marketing and distribution, senior management and filmmakers.
Oversees the International media team – fostering talent, providing opportunities for growth and managing performance.
• Manages daily development and execution of media plans for all International Theatrical releases, working closely with territory teams to ensure plans are on-strategy and aligned with global objectives while properly nuanced for each individual market
• Works closely with International Theatrical Marketing and Distribution teams to ensure constant alignment on overall strategic objectives
• Closely monitors and manages media budgets for all International territories, providing frequent updates to internal finance teams
• Works closely with US media team on development and management of global strategic partnerships
• Manages relationship with central media agency team while also working closely with territory-specific agencies to drive strategic thought leadership and develop best-in-class media campaigns
• Provides regular updates to the territories on areas of media innovation, partner developments and global investment opportunities
• Works alongside marketing analytics teams to develop robust test and learn agendas and provide regular measurement and insight updates on media campaigns
• Directly oversees the planning and buying for all central media campaigns
• Approximately 10 years' experience in media planning across all key channels including digital, television, outdoor and radio, with specific experience / expertise in International
• Entertainment experience required; motion picture experience preferred
• Experience developing and managing advertising budgets required
• Experience managing an agency team strongly preferred
• College degree or equivalent work experience required
• Excellent organizational and analytical skills required
• Strong oral and written communication skills required
• Strong negotiation skills required
• Ability to build and manage a high performing team
• Strong Knowledge of Media Math
• Computer proficiency required. MS Word and Excel required
• Strong knowledge of media marketplace, trends and opportunities
• Strong knowledge of International media landscape
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.