Warner Bros.Montreal, QC
This was removed by the employer on 1/11/2021 10:32:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Search for VFX Artist jobs in Montreal-QC
Search all VFX Artist postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a VFX Artist?
Full Time Job
WB Games Montreal, a division of Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (WBIE), seeks a VFX Artist to create stunning visual effects to surprise and delight our players for an upcoming AAA title. Working closely with feature and environment teams, the successful candidate will design and create effects that will take the game experience to another level.
• Create complex Game VFX asset, including shaders and particle systems, in an efficient manner and uphold the art direction defined by the Art Director.
• Profile, optimize and debug the level using GPAD, PIX and other profiler tools in order to obtain the cost of particles on the GPU and CPU.
• Work with the team to define best practices and workflows and production pipelines.
• Collaborate with tools and tech team to enhance VFX pipeline.
• Work with multiple feature teams to assess and prioritize their requirements
• This person will work with the Art Directors and VFX Lead to match the visual style and art direction of the project. They are expected to self-sufficiently implement all environment and feature VFX and post process effects.
• At least 3 years of experience as a VFX artist in video game development and at least 1 published AAA game, preferably on Xbox One or PS4.
, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
• Minimum of 2-year 2D/3D art degree with an emphasis in art creation or equivalent work experience
• Understanding of hardware constraints and mastery of techniques to transcend them.
• Mastery of Unreal Engine, 3D Max or Maya, Photoshop, and related software packages.
• Having a good understanding of Adobe After Effects, Toxik, Sony Vegas, Nuke3D or Combustion is a plus.
• Ability to learn and adapt quickly to new technologies
• Working knowledge of shader technology.
• Solid understanding of profiling/debugging with experience in GPAD, PIX and other profiler tools to obtain the cost of particles on the GPU and CPU.
• Active interest in advancement of VFX trends and techniques.
• Portfolio/website demonstrating your art skills
• Self-motivated person who thrives in a collaborative environment
• A passion for video games and realtime technology
• Creative, focused, results-oriented, resourceful problem-solver
• An excellent artistic sense
• Strong communication/collaboration skills
Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time.
About WB Games Montreal
Since its launch in 2010, WB Games Montréal has more than 300 employees and continues to grow and recruit additional talents. Working with some of Warner Bros. Studios' biggest brands, including DC Entertainment, the studio is dedicated to developing triple A videogames .