Technical Services Manager
Warner Bros.Tokyo, TY
Full Time Job
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The goal of this job is to lead the Technical Service Department to deliver a world class visitor experience through maintenance of all audio-visual and set piece assets from the tour, ensuring that all items are operational, presentable and ready for our visitors to experience and enjoy.
• Leading and engaging Department technicians and team leaders to achieve the highest possible service standards in relation to all areas of the Technical Services department.
• Ensure team are fully appraised and understand required standards and deliverables and are aware of all activity within the department and wider business.
• Proactive relationship management with key contactors helping to set SLA's with each partner.
• Supporting with technical delivery for consumer and corporate client events.
• Ensure a close working relationship to support the Leavesden facilities team helping address any facilities management issues at the tour.
• Taking responsibility for your own personal development through one-on-one coaching from line manager.
• Act as Tech Zero (duty technician) on a regular basis.
• Deliver and work to a program of planned preventative maintenance.
• Seek to and lead improvement of knowledge on all aspects of the show control systems.
• Stay abreast of the latest innovations within the industry.
• Liaising with and sharing best practice with WBSL Technical Services manager
• Support with the recruitment of vacant technician roles and conduct where necessary performance management of technical team.
• Ensure that the department is fully resourced.
• Ensure that the team are trained to the highest standard with regular team training including; upskilling and industry compliance training.
• Adhering to all H&S policies and procedures and helping to promote a culture where H&S is of the highest importance & priority.
• Ensure a safe environment is adhered to for all visitors and staff.
• Conduct regular auditing of all department H&S practices.
• Comply with latest statutory, legislative industry regulations.
• Optimise service provided by team and self, leading by example to ensure that high standards of operational readiness are met.
• Communicating and working together with other WB departments and partners.
• Management of the daily out-put of each team member including the monitoring of all work orders.
• Work across business functions to ensure that forward planning on all technical installations is achieved.
• Take a Lead with the management and control of all technical stock items and communicating back to line manager and colleagues when supply items are required.
• Diagnose and report on all technical faults and problems in a timely manner.
• Act as Studio Tour Duty Manager regularly.
• Actively seek ways to remedy technical issues. Ensuring that any show control, asset or facility issues are resolved in a timely manner.
• Proactively seek ways to improve on procedures and processes.
• Monitor and feedback on technical operational resilience, including the technical future proofing of the ever-changing customer experience.
• Provide accurate reporting on down-time within the Studio Tour attraction.
• Management of department budget ensuring that all expenditure is kept within agreed limits.
• Previous Management experience in a similar technical services environment (e.g. within tourism, leisure or heritage industry).
• Experience of having worked within a fast-paced environment, with high emphasis on delivering the highest customer service standards consistently.
• Project management.
• Educated to degree level (or to a minimum of 'A' level standard or equivalent qualification with extensive vocational experience).
• IPAF and PASMA
• Ability to use CAD programs
• NBOSH Qualification (would be an advantage)
• Highest levels of customer service.
• Ability to manage a team with different skill sets and disciplines within a technical environment.
• Technical and maintenance expertise, including electronics, interactives and animatronics.
• Knowledge of show control systems and associated hardware.
• Knowledge of interactive, electrical/mechanical and AV installations/Exhibits.
• Understanding of facilities management.
• Experience of work order management systems.
• Familiarity with media players, projectors and digital signage.
• Experience with working with networked devices.
• Problem solving and decision making across all areas daily.
• Communicates in a timely & effective manner to enhance operation.
• Engages effectively with customers & staff.
• IT literate with excellent Microsoft office skills.
• Well organized and focused.
• Able to prioritize workload and manage change in an environment that never stands still.
• Work as part of a team with a flexible and caring approach.
This role is full time (40 hours a week), working shifts. Due to the varied nature of a visitor attraction, regular weekend and evening work will be required, across a seven-day rota. Because we never stand still, a high level of flexibility is required to suit the needs of the business. This can include working weekends, bank holidays, school holidays and late evenings, in rotation with other team members.
As an ambassador for the business, the Technical Manager will support and deputise for the Heqd of Show Experience, in working with third parties and attending meetings in their absence.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.