SVP, Business Affairs
Warner Bros.Burbank, CA
Full Time Job
SVP, Business Affairs, WB Pictures Animation
Location: United States - California - Burbank
Warner Bros. Pictures Group (WBPG) produces, markets and distributes Warner Bros.' slate of approximately 20 movies a year, including films from New Line Cinema. Our movies have generated industry-leading box office results and have won multiple Academy Awards in recent years. Warner Bros. Pictures is a global leader in the international marketing and distribution of feature films, operating in more than 30 countries and releasing films in more than 120 territories.
WarnerMedia seeks an SVP, Business Affairs, to work as a senior member of the Business Affairs team based in Burbank to support development and production for animated feature films and provide assistance as needed on live-action motion picture production negotiations.
• Negotiate and structure a high volume of complex, high-profile animation writer, producer, director, and other services deals, talent voice-over and live-action deals, overall deals, and rights deals. Provide assistance as needed in the negotiation of live-action motion picture production deals.
• Provide high-level, strategic business affairs guidance and support to the senior development and production teams.
• Work cross-functionally with a broad range of departments (including Physical Production, Marketing, Labor, Consumer Products, Distribution, Post Production, and Legal) to implement deals throughout the filmmaking process.
• Advise various departments in connection with complex business and legal matters.
• Develop and build deal structures, parameters and templates, and forms.
• Grow and manage relationships with key managers, agencies, and attorneys in the entertainment community.
• A minimum of 10 years previous experience in Theatrical Animation Business Affairs
• Previous experience at a major entertainment studio, production company, or streamer preferred
• BA or BS required
• JD required
• Member of the California State Bar required
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail required
• Ability to communicate on all levels in a collaborative environment
• Superior judgment, integrity, and interpersonal skills a must
• Ability to function well under pressure and to prioritize and reprioritize frequently
• Attention to detail
• Must have excellent organizational skills
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.