Staff Rendering Engineer
Warner Bros.San Francisco, CA
This was removed by the employer on 4/14/2021 5:57:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the IS/IT Category
Browse the Video Game Category
Search for Staff Rendering Engineer jobs in San Francisco-CA
Search all Staff Rendering Engineer postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Staff Rendering Engineer? WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
At WB Games San Francisco we are bringing to life some of the world's most iconic characters, stories, and universes. Come help us build a world-class studio, and take leading entertainment franchises to 1.2 billion mobile gamers. We are committed to creating fun and engaging games for our fans, and are positioning ourselves to be a top player in mobile.
At WBG San Francisco we are bringing some of the most iconic characters and stories to life in the mobile space. We are committed to creating fun and engaging games for our fans and are positioning ourselves to become a top player in mobile.
WB Games Inc. seeks a Staff Rendering Engineer for the WBG San Francisco Engineering department. As a Staff Rendering Engineer, you will work closely with the Art, Design and Engineering teams to establish a vision for our ''next gen'' rendering pipeline for our mobile games. This will include designing the pipeline as well as writing shaders to allow for outstanding visuals. This pipeline will power our next generation of mobile games from WBSF, and will scale across different device capabilities.
• Design and Develop a rendering pipeline.
• Write and optimize shaders.
• Rendering performance optimization.
• Requirements Gathering / Documentation.
• Assess middleware and 3rd party solutions.
• Review the work of other Graphics Engineers to ensure adherence to design, patterns and coding standards.
• Undergraduate degree or equivalent industry experience and success.
• At least 7 years of game industry experience.
• Shipped at least 3 mobile/social title, preferably on multiple platforms. Unity development experience required.
• Experience working with the OpenGL ES 2 / 3 API's. Experience working with Metal 1 and 2 API's.
• Excellent C# programming skills.
• Expert Knowledge of HLSL and / or GLSL. Knowledge of ShaderLab a plus.
• Deep knowledge of Unity. Experience with Unity's SRP a plus.
• Very strong knowledge on how to optimize 3D rendering to reach best possible FPS on a mobile platform.
• Expert knowledge of Tile Based Rendering. Extensive experience with animation systems.
• Extensive experience writing and optimizing shaders and graphical effects.
• Experience setting up pipelines and workflows for efficient content creation.
• Documentation / Presentation skills.
• Experience working under well defined and constrained performance budgets. Strong problem solving / debugging skills.
• Ability to work unsupervised. Ability to assist others in their work.
• Ability to communicate and collaborate with non technical people. Ability to assess the quality of other engineers work.
• Passion for making games.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.